PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Goodbye TP2

okay let me rephrase that
responsive but everyone knows my stance on android (htc sense is slow we all hate it but adds so much functionality to android)
but yea it seemed more response
and it is a lot like the windows vs ubuntu thing....ubuntu 10 is fast as frick but it just doesn't have the professional flare...just like in windows mobile
sure old but also very reliable
anyway I'm already sold on the touch hd2 and I see a few on craigslist.org
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm not taking anything away from android, but i'm just not sold yet. the evo is a heck of a phone spec-wise, and with the snapdragon, it'll be a beast.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:34 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=Dr.8820;1678974]i did speed test with the wifes' moment vs. my TP2.... let's just say she was impressed without starting an argument![quote

My tp2 vs my n1 is a no contest... My n1 smokes it by a mile, maybe double its speed... moment is running 1.5 a considerably slower version of the browser that android 2.1 is running...

Gmaine: yes winmo is a tad more customizable maybe depending on how ya look at it... Android you can customize your whole messaging app from colors to text style to background pics, 5 home screens to position your apps and widgets any way you want, and add pics to the home screens or even choose clocks like on winmo, there's all sorts of live wallpaper to play with including adding your own pics and make them live, there's allso different home styles and Roms just like winmo (yes not as much), then there are sense uis also, and with android its simple not having to jump through hoops n loops..... not dogging winmo, hell im playing with my wife's tp2 now... But androids very very custmizable.

Last edited by Dragon2; 04-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

oh, i agree. my tp2 vs. the hd2 is no contest. that's why i say, that snapdragon makes a difference!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
oh, i agree. my tp2 vs. the hd2 is no contest. that's why i say, that snapdragon makes a difference!
Yes, but even then the nexus one browser beats the hd2s by also a good margin running the same processor... (unless ya run proxied but then android also got opera mini 5).
Just saying I think androids browser (2.1) is faster than opera.. Running at the same clock speed..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Account Disabled

ahh, unfortunately, i don't have an n1 to compare it to. i'll take your word...for now .
Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Yes, but even then the nexus one browser beats the hd2s by also a good margin running the same processor... (unless ya run proxied but then android also got opera mini 5).
Just saying I think androids browser (2.1) is faster than opera.. Running at the same clock speed..
i'll be honest, say the hd2 browser is faster, (which it isn't) opera sucks compared to androids browser, its not even a fair comparison.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
ahh, unfortunately, i don't have an n1 to compare it to. i'll take your word...for now .
I just recently tested for myself, both on 3g... But I still love and want a hd2... its beautiful..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Account Disabled

this is about to get good...but not from me, hb is gonna walk me thru posting screenshots!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i'll be honest, say the hd2 browser is faster, (which it isn't) opera sucks compared to androids browser, its not even a fair comparison.
Yea I was surprised how much smoother it is, how much better pinch and zoom is, how on like pocketnow.com youtube vids are embedded on android and not on opera,
And just the pure speed...

I was disappointed though that skyfire still checkered boarded on the hd2 as well even with the snapdragon.. Still a beautiful phone. Sorry to get of topic just wanted to say androids browser is faster and smoother than opera....... Hd2 rocks too..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2