PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Goodbye TP2

So, after seeing the announcement of the Evo, I had to say goodbye to my TP2 and WM. It was sold today. After being a WM user for about the last 8 years, I finally think I have found another OS that can have my fullest attention and will be looking forward to the wonderful things to come with Android.

For now, I have gone back to my HTC Touch and have a full version of Android running on it. And even though the touch is an old device, it feels new and refreshing running Android which also helped with my decision to make the move when the Evo is released.

The TP2 was great device, but I was at the point that the most exciting thing about it was the development of Android on it. If and when they have it fully ported with everything working, I figured there would be no reason to use WM on it, so I might as well go to a straight up Android device with some killer specs.

I am pretty sure I will be seeing a lot of you in the Evo section when the device releases.....

I guess for now I will be a ppcgeeks drifter as I feel like I do not have a section I can call home right now. (Wouldn't really consider the Touch/Vogue section my home)

Last edited by eman; 04-02-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: ***Please move to correct section***(Put here be mistake)Goodbye TP2

Moved to the general Touch Pro 2 forum for your viewing pleasure.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ***Please move to correct section***(Put here be mistake)Goodbye TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So, after seeing the announcement of the Evo, I had to say goodbye to my TP2 and WM. It was sold today. After being a WM user for about the last 8 years, I finally think I have found another OS that can have my fullest attention and will be looking forward to the wonderful things to come with Android.

For now, I have gone back to my HTC Touch and have a full version of Android running on it. And even though the touch is an old device, it feels new and refreshing running Android which also helped with my decision to make the move when the Evo is released.

The TP2 was great device, but I was at the point that the most exciting thing about it was the development of Android on it. If and when they have it fully ported with everything working, I figured there would be no reason to use WM on it, so I might as well go to a straight up Android device with some killer specs.

I am pretty sure I will be seeing a lot of you in the Evo section when the device releases.....

I guess for now I will be a ppcgeeks drifter as I feel like I do not have a section I can call home right now. (Wouldn't really consider the Touch/Vogue section my home)
I'll be getting the Evo as well. However, I'll be keeping my TP2 active and on a data plan because I like playing with all the nifty gadgets they have.. like linux and android and all the cool UI things. I wanna eventually help beta test roms for ppl who stick w/ the tp2 development, and not have to worry about any dmg caused to it because i'll have a new main line.

I like Android enough, it kind of feels like a fad toy, kind of like iPhone's os does, however it feels more professional than that of iPhone, and Android is a lot more open on the customization scale. That's a big perk, in which I appreciate. So while i'll be switching my main device to Android, i'll still tinker with WM all day, every day! Not to mention, it's kind of like my personal laptop for productivity in office applications, so that I appreciate. I just did an hour long presentation w/ power point played from my Tp2, and ppl were wondering where the hell the laptop was that was playing it ^_^.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Goodbye TP2

yeah im definitely hangin on to my TP2... Hopefully after Windows Phone 7 comes out and significantly fails, they well revert WMP7.5 back to our current UI and things well be better again =)

Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

ill be moving to evo to but still keeping my tp2 gonna test it for a month if it suits me then switching all the way

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elmago29 is becoming a great contributor

i'm also looking to buy that EVO, no so much for android but for the hardware!!!!.....

I know there will be alot of things i'll miss like active sync and my phone but i think i'll give it a try anyway. Only until WP7 matures a little bit, i can't say no the Zune and XBOX live integration Or even the new UI for that matter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T_Mo

thrashingdeth is keeping up the good workthrashingdeth is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thrashingdeth Send a message via MSN to thrashingdeth Send a message via Yahoo to thrashingdeth

i switched to the hd2.....just waiting for it to get here.keeping the tp2 in family though, giving it to momma.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I think selling now is a bit premature, honestly. The Evo isn't even out yet. I'm 95% sure I'll get one, I'm still a bit hesitant cause I really wanna stay with WM. I'm wondering if there are gonna be any WM Evo roms...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I'm still a bit hesitant cause I really wanna stay with WM. I'm wondering if there are gonna be any WM Evo roms...
i hope there are Winmo Roms for the evo as well, ive read the xda are trying to port Winmo to an android device and its not working out at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Threadstarter

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I think selling now is a bit premature, honestly. The Evo isn't even out yet. I'm 95% sure I'll get one, I'm still a bit hesitant cause I really wanna stay with WM. I'm wondering if there are gonna be any WM Evo roms...
Well my thought on selling now was that it would be easier to do before the Evo was released. I sold my TP2 for $300. I am sure the after discounts the Evo will not be more then that.

If I do not like the Evo then I can return it and get a TP2 for $300 after discounts. It is pretty much a win, win situation.

Plus I am really liking the Android port on my vogue. It will keep me satisfied until the Evo releases.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2