PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ***Please move to correct section***(Put here be mistake)Goodbye TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
I'll be getting the Evo as well. However, I'll be keeping my TP2 active and on a data plan because I like playing with all the nifty gadgets they have.. like linux and android and all the cool UI things. I wanna eventually help beta test roms for ppl who stick w/ the tp2 development, and not have to worry about any dmg caused to it because i'll have a new main line.

I like Android enough, it kind of feels like a fad toy, kind of like iPhone's os does, however it feels more professional than that of iPhone, and Android is a lot more open on the customization scale. That's a big perk, in which I appreciate. So while i'll be switching my main device to Android, i'll still tinker with WM all day, every day! Not to mention, it's kind of like my personal laptop for productivity in office applications, so that I appreciate. I just did an hour long presentation w/ power point played from my Tp2, and ppl were wondering where the hell the laptop was that was playing it ^_^.
------------
huummmm....that sounds good...how did you setup the TP2 to do a powerpoint presentation?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Goodbye TP2

Its so funny reading all the hate going on with android because so many of you are so wrong, like Kabuk and Rogelio Rios. All I'm going to say is OP you made the best decision because you got top dollar for your tp2 and running android on the Vogue should be able to hold you over. Winmo is dead people.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-03-2010, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

been fooling around with the touch hd2 like no one's business...and going back to the touch pro 2 is almost day and night. The touch pro 2 is slow a bit clunky, and wow very slow. A great device but yea this is my goodbye to my tp2 too...the touch hd 2 is just too sexy
I'll be officially owning the device probably next month
Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
You can run androind on your tp2 so why switch? I tested the android and seriously warn anyone who switches .
1)has no file explorer so when you download alot of stuff its a mess to get to what you want
2)battery drains super fast
3)Not as customizable so your stuck
and the killer for me
4)When new innovative apps are present you must update or get upgrade to even use it.
Now that said there some good points but overall I have both on 1 phone now why trade and have only 1 phone? Good luck thou hope you enjoy it and your welcome back to the touchpro2 family any time. See you soon hahaha
Because you can't use Android on the Tp2 as a full functioning OS yet.

1) There are file explorers in the Android Market
2) My friend's moment and my other friend's hero has very good battery life 1-2 days w/ internet usage/heavy texting/ and decent app usage
3) They will get to the point of being able to customize it, it's still a baby OS.
4) I don't know what you're getting at here.

If someone want's to do a full switch to Android, it's no big deal. Not the end of the world. I see Android turning into the new WinMO when it comes to terms of modding/customizing and such.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
been fooling around with the touch hd2 like no one's business...and going back to the touch pro 2 is almost day and night. The touch pro 2 is slow a bit clunky, and wow very slow. A great device but yea this is my goodbye to my tp2 too...the touch hd 2 is just too sexy
I'll be officially owning the device probably next month
I would have the HD2 if there were on Sprint :P
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Ugh, the more I read about the shortcomings of Android, the more I be eyein' the HD2 with pleasure... I wish they'd come out with a Sprint version. I really don't wanna go to T-Mo.
me neither!!! i played with it yesterday at the mall and was amazed at the 3G speeds!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

even with the evo, snapdragon is where it's at. the phone is so much smoother.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I think witht he moment one thing that blew me away was the speed. Now I'm not sure if its due to my card but android on my phone is not nearly as fast unfortunately (I can only assume that when it moves to nand it will be that fast)
that said though I do like android htc sense...I really couldn't use android any other way...
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I think witht he moment one thing that blew me away was the speed. Now I'm not sure if its due to my card but android on my phone is not nearly as fast unfortunately (I can only assume that when it moves to nand it will be that fast)
that said though I do like android htc sense...I really couldn't use android any other way...
thats funny because i hate sense, every rom i try on the nexus one that has htc sense gets removed. the nexus ui is the only thing that catches my attention. the only reason i even keep trying the sense roms is because those are the ones with flash already installed.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i did speed test with the wifes' moment vs. my TP2.... let's just say she was impressed without starting an argument!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2