PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

ok, well i feel like i gave everyone false hope.. i just use which ever Msg client pops up based on where i hit it at.. i went through the threads i was in, my laptop, my pc, my external harddrive,and 4 differnt memory cards for cabs.. tried them all.. well the ones i could, remove arcsoft wouldnt work, so i didnt get to try any of the hacks on a different version.. .

i understand what you want.. when you hit the message tab you wanna see WM Msg.. question though.. is this workaround really worth the hassle its gonna take?? i know alot of people want it.. but the message is gonna come in, your gonna scroll the message tab.. and a screen tap is going to take place.. is it tha big of a deal that you need to tap "the actually message" to see WM threaded display VS still only using one screen tap to hit "all messages' which is already there in the soft key???

also none of this will change when you goto a contact , if you slide over to the message tag, itll still open up HTC threaded.. thatd be alot more work to get rid of..

and anything with VGA in it, as far as something that may fix the messaging issue you want, wouldnt matter.. all those tweaks just attack the client itself its not really anything to do with resolution or anything.. if it claims to fix sense2.5, it should matter the device its on.. no different than the way we use arcsoft versions on any device no matter the res..

i dunno, i fell bad know though.. if the manila file switch isnt doing what you wnat.. then it has to be in the reg.. when you tap on tab, its just pullin up HTC instead of WM.. that means there has to be a string or set of strings controlling this.. much like how we changed how and what gets used to pull up contacts.. ie-contactpicker cabs.. i dont really get into all that reg stuff though.. lil tweaks i know where they are but im not much for searching and searching inside the reg for new things..

id say HKLM>software>HTC>manila>htcservices> might be a good place to start.. whats in that .dll there??? any path/default to chnage in there to goto WM instead?? things like that are what youll need to find, open, and possibly edit... its just gonna be a value or path to change to make it happen im sure..

sorry guys
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

i don't think you have to play with the registry to do this.. just edit the manila file to point to "threaded View" instead of peopleMessaging. problem is, there are so many manila files i dunno which one it is..

if you look in this attached file which was the work-around for wm 6.1/sense 2.1 you'll see it directs to "ThreadedViewPage" parameter.. i think the new file in 2.5 is called 486d3b1a_manila which probably is the file that has to be edited in a similar way. for all i know "ThreadedViewPage" parms could have been removed/rename to something else in 2.5.

oh well, who ever wants to take a stab at it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manila.jpg (215.6 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: rar 47dd6acd_manila.rar (9.7 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i know its there.. ill go digging.. its so hard to go through 900 pages ina rom thread to find the time when it came up.. give me a few
Sory U had to go thru that I just saw this post and coulda saved you the trouble as I did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
... i found a hack but you have to cook it in roms. also it was in the VGA for 2.5.2012. would that matter?
Please post whatever you hav so we can work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
i don't think you have to play with the registry to do this.. just edit the manila file to point to "threaded View" instead of peopleMessaging. problem is, there are so many manila files i dunno which one it is..
oh well, who ever wants to take a stab at it..
The registry is to disable the HTC, like the zen2.1 fix cab was for.
The manila files are to redirect when you press the message.

In older Sense 19xx, the cab only work for disable, but I used my older 47xx manila file "original default texting" cab used in sense 2.1 to redirect to native sms on sense 2.5 after installing the disable HTC cab..

I recently fixed the landscape view and posted it in MrX sense 2.1 thread.

So Once we get to disable the HTC, then we can use this cab to enable one click to the M$ sms.

I bet this all sounds confusing, but I will be looking into both the registry and the manilafull.xml file, and propose there is were the answer lies...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

THANK YOU so much to those who are working on fixing this issue.
It is most appreciated.

The problem with the stock ROM is that when you select a "favrotie" contact the Today screen using "People", or from a "Contact Card", or from "Call History", it ALL forces you to the HTC Messaging screen.

The problem with the HTC messaging screen is that it's SLOW and it doesn't allow the functionality of MS Messaging (like inserting pre-written text messages)

Last edited by tt C6; 04-19-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
Please post whatever you hav so we can work on it.

I recently fixed the landscape view and posted it in MrX sense 2.1 thread.
ok i will post this for you and then you have to post the post where it shows you fixed the landscape view in 2.1 thats freaking awesome.
edit: i found your post and i just want to say Thanks!!! for fixing the landscape bug!

Quote:
anybody willing to test something?

i found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=5
LOOK on the bottom and you see "CDMA_SMS_Fix.zip" in there is a manila file. backup your current manila file and then copy it with this one....does that get rid of this BS htc messaging app?

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 04-17-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Question:
Would I be forced to use HTC messaging if I switched to a Sense 2.1 ROM form someone like Might Mike?
If so, can somone post a link to the ROM you would recommend for speed and stability.

Thank you.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Question:
Would I be forced to use HTC messaging if I switched to a Sense 2.1 ROM form someone like Might Mike?
If so, can somone post a link to the ROM you would recommend for speed and stability.

Thank you.
Answer:
yes and no. you will have to use it probably for everything but txting. there is a patched manila file out there that will disable the htc messaging ONLY in txt

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...la#post1669202

Thanks to razorloves for the quicklink to this post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Answer:
yes and no. you will have to use it probably for everything but txting. there is a patched manila file out there that will disable the htc messaging ONLY in txt

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...la#post1669202

Thanks to razorloves for the quicklink to this post
What's the latest?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
What's the latest?
the link i posted is the latest
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Is it me or that with the 6.5 rom , you do not have the option to select text in a text message?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2