PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

i still see no reson for even changing anything.. if you dont hit the tab, you dont ever see htc msg.. just add text to your quicklinks and youll only ever see WM messaging... am i just missing what you guys are trying to accomplish? is hitting "all messages" from the tab not doing what you want? it goes to WM messaging that way too
Old 04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
here its listed as a MMS workaround, but you get the "htc messaging has been disabled" msg when its done.. you will need to remove arcsoft and replace if you use this though to get both mms and sms to work right... this is exactly what i used on my TPs sense6.5 2.5 roms.. all off em.. HTC messaging isnt an option with those, one has to do this to get it all working.. well i guess it couldve changed, ive been tweaking my TP2 lately, havent been in TP forums for a week or 2
and you said that after you do this tapping on messages in the sms tab is disabled?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
i still see no reson for even changing anything.. if you dont hit the tab, you dont ever see htc msg.. just add text to your quicklinks and youll only ever see WM messaging... am i just missing what you guys are trying to accomplish? is hitting "all messages" from the tab not doing what you want? it goes to WM messaging that way too
ok bored...lets go back...say 7 months.
this is what i did
you get a sms message
i go to the sms tab and i TAP on that message that was sent to me.
this opens the old wm messaging client with the threaded message
we can reply here and hit send

we want this old school way back. and we never want to see the htc messaging sms
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
there was a hack for sense 2.1 where you clicked the message on HTC sense and it would open wm threaded sms view rather than threaded htc sms. i think that is the functionality most are looking for since its the threaded view of htc sms that slows down.

my solution is also use the text msg shortcut to get to wm sms but it would be nice if the 2.1 work-around was ported to sense 2.5.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i know its there.. ill go digging.. its so hard to go through 900 pages ina rom thread to find the time when it came up.. give me a few
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

yupkitoki is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Thank you for posting.

What do you think is the fix?
Who is working on it.

Thanks in advance.
lol i love how this guy is so demanding..
Old 04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
there was a hack for sense 2.1 where you clicked the message on HTC sense and it would open wm threaded sms view rather than threaded htc sms. i think that is the functionality most are looking for since its the threaded view of htc sms that slows down.

my solution is also use the text msg shortcut to get to wm sms but it would be nice if the 2.1 work-around was ported to sense 2.5.
i really hate this feature in 2.5 its so stupid.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupkitoki View Post
lol i love how this guy is so demanding..
haha i know right!

Quote:
i know its there.. ill go digging.. its so hard to go through 900 pages ina rom thread to find the time when it came up.. give me a few
so did i clear it up then? not trying to sound like a jerk, as you cant tell how the way ppl talk on here but did you not understand it?

bored also! i found a hack but you have to cook it in roms. also it was in the VGA for 2.5.2012. would that matter?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think with the ability now to easily skin wm sms it would rock. there's really no need for the htc sense sms now. not to mention is has a lot more features sense sms lacks.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post

Is this what you are looking for - I used 1 of the 2 cabs in the thread to disable threaded SMS on my 6.1 back in the day.
Not sure if this will help the cause or add confusion:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...MS#post1576347

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2