PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

So far I see the solution prob lies in both the registry and the manilafull.xml file...
It's not rocket science, it will just take a while, thats all.
It probably not done yet because it is not such a priority as many cooks seem to like the HTC sms, as it is integrated well, despite its nagging flaws.
Oh well just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
TTc6...

DO NOT bump the thread. This is considered spam. when a solution is found, it will be posted.
Thank you for posting.

What do you think is the fix?
Who is working on it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you do realize your gonna force yourself to have the issue TP1 users have with sense6.5.x roms and messaging right???

TP1 users when using a sense6.5.x rom have to disable HTC msg to get mms and sms to work right.. you disable HTC msg but then you have to remove the arcsoft version and install a new on and everthing works... basically makes your msg tab in sense useless, well you can read the messages, but when you click on it nothing happens.. forced to click "all messages" in the left soft key to open up WM msg..

i mean itll do what you want.. but so will alot of things.. if you dont want HTC msg, then simply dont use the messaging tab, its that simple.. but then your forced to use the "display message on screen option" if your in the middle of stuff, say a keyboard slide or something, it screws you up for a sec while it tries to pop it up..

***easiest way to do what you want, No HTC and only WM msg.. is to disable the tab.. and add "text" to the top row of your quicklinks on the home tab.. clicking text, whether HTC is disabled or not will always take you to WM msg by default.. now you never see the HTC client again.. no cabs, no reg, the icon for "text" is the 2 lil bubbles-kinda tacky for a home tab so change the icon if you want.. but thats a simple easy way to get what you want-no more HTC****

either way there a million and one cabs in all the sense6.5.x threads in TP1 forum thatll disable HTC messaging for you.. no reason why they wont work on a TP2.. heres one for ya, but theres quite a few different ones..this is from an NRGY ROM thread.. **im tellin ya though, youll have to do the whole remove and replace arcsoft if you use it though.. but its all your choice..

hope i helped..
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you do realize your gonna force yourself to have the issue TP1 users have with sense6.5.x roms and messaging right???

TP1 users when using a sense6.5.x rom have to disable HTC msg to get mms and sms to work right.. you disable HTC msg but then you have to remove the arcsoft version and install a new on and everthing works... basically makes your msg tab in sense useless, well you can read the messages, but when you click on it nothing happens.. forced to click "all messages" in the left soft key to open up WM msg..

i mean itll do what you want.. but so will alot of things.. if you dont want HTC msg, then simply dont use the messaging tab, its that simple.. but then your forced to use the "display message on screen option" if your in the middle of stuff, say a keyboard slide or something, it screws you up for a sec while it tries to pop it up..

***easiest way to do what you want, No HTC and only WM msg.. is to disable the tab.. and add "text" to the top row of your quicklinks on the home tab.. clicking text, whether HTC is disabled or not will always take you to WM msg by default.. now you never see the HTC client again.. no cabs, no reg, the icon for "text" is the 2 lil bubbles-kinda tacky for a home tab so change the icon if you want.. but thats a simple easy way to get what you want-no more HTC****

either way there a million and one cabs in all the sense6.5.x threads in TP1 forum thatll disable HTC messaging for you.. no reason why they wont work on a TP2.. heres one for ya, but theres quite a few different ones..this is from an NRGY ROM thread.. **im tellin ya though, youll have to do the whole remove and replace arcsoft if you use it though.. but its all your choice..

hope i helped..
the cab you posted doesn't work on sense 2.5.2012. that cab is for sense 2.5.19xx. things are different in 2.5.2012

Last edited by razorloves; 04-16-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ok fine, ill go grab the 6.5.x one.. theres millions of em.. i use this on my TP1s running sens6.5
Old 04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
ok fine, ill go grab the 6.5.x one.. theres millions of em.. i use this on my TP1s running sens6.5
it will be nice if you find one. It has been a common request in the 2.5 rom threads around here. No one has anything workin yet.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
yeah there sure are for 2.5.19xx sense. but not for 2.5.2012 sense

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 04-16-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
it will be nice if you find one. It has been a common request in the 2.5 rom threads around here. No one has anything workin yet.
here its listed as a MMS workaround, but you get the "htc messaging has been disabled" msg when its done.. you will need to remove arcsoft and replace if you use this though to get both mms and sms to work right... this is exactly what i used on my TPs sense6.5 2.5 roms.. all off em.. HTC messaging isnt an option with those, one has to do this to get it all working.. well i guess it couldve changed, ive been tweaking my TP2 lately, havent been in TP forums for a week or 2

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 04-16-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
actually this is for 2.5.19xx in 2.1 you just change the manila file.
oh yea...i forgot.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
here its listed as a MMS workaround, but you get the "htc messaging has been disabled" msg when its done.. you will need to remove arcsoft and replace if you use this though to get both mms and sms to work right... this is exactly what i used on my TPs sense6.5 2.5 roms.. all off em.. HTC messaging isnt an option with those, one has to do this to get it all working.. well i guess it couldve changed, ive been tweaking my TP2 lately, havent been in TP forums for a week or 2
i think that just disables the htc messaging from handling mms, which sprint has already done in their rom. i'll check it out though. thanks bored

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2