PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Played with HD2 today and -hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
or TouchPal 3.5.

Using TP & their T+ technology, I can type INSANELY fast (much faster than even the TP2 hardware KB)

~John
I've been using TP with my imagio and see that for me anyway there is a bit of a learning curve. I'm getting better at it tho. I've finished the trial and bought the app. I hope to get as good with it as my TP2's hardware kb. Just a matter of time spent using it, I think.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
no cdma will get non keyboard devices due to lack of sales
Can't agree much with that as while the imagio is certainly not a big seller, there are several non hardware kb androids and the wave of the future seems to be soft kb devices. It seems apple gave this a big push forward a couple years ago and better and better soft kb apps like touch pal for one are making the non hardware kb experience very tolerable. Most folks seem to like the lighter weight and thinner devices(as I do) that comes from no physical kb also. Then theres the whole wm series due to start coming out later this year and again, I would imagine most of them will be soft kb's. If you think verizon and sprint will not get onboard that wave because of soft kb's it would be a mistake. So guess I don't understand where your coming from with that train of thought.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I hope they tak the htc hd2 + touch pro 2 (keyboard only mainly) and make the touch pro 3 I will be in heaven.. and also be awesome if they make a dual o/s phone running andrioid and win mo. man that would be sweet!! Android 2.1 + windows 7 mobile
Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Make a perfect phone and you would not need to make other phones....Just ask Apple.
nothin like a one trick poney to get the job done
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Can't agree much with that as while the imagio is certainly not a big seller, there are several non hardware kb androids and the wave of the future seems to be soft kb devices. It seems apple gave this a big push forward a couple years ago and better and better soft kb apps like touch pal for one are making the non hardware kb experience very tolerable. Most folks seem to like the lighter weight and thinner devices(as I do) that comes from no physical kb also. Then theres the whole wm series due to start coming out later this year and again, I would imagine most of them will be soft kb's. If you think verizon and sprint will not get onboard that wave because of soft kb's it would be a mistake. So guess I don't understand where your coming from with that train of thought.
I didn't say it
htc has gone on the record to say no cdma devices without keyboards due to low sales.
Will that change with android and cdma? tough to say but for wm and htc touch diamond/touch hd series, no cdma
Old 03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I have a feeling these glorious phones coming out are going to start phasing out physical keyboard. Everyone wants to copy Apple, and all the brainwashed apple morons think onscreen keyboard is better. No, it isn't. It's only better from a manufacturing standpoint because you can support multiple languages with software changes.

But to be honest, I would definitely trade my keyboard for a snappy device with a large capacitive screen like the hd2

Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
But to be honest, I would definitely trade my keyboard for a snappy device with a large capacitive screen like the hd2
And thats exactly why HTC will make big screen TP3 with hard keyboard. If you follow HTC logic: TP(1)-2.8" , HD(1)-3.8", TP2-3.6", HD2-4.3" , TP3~4.1"

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 03-08-2010, 02:26 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I have a feeling these glorious phones coming out are going to start phasing out physical keyboard. Everyone wants to copy Apple, and all the brainwashed apple morons think onscreen keyboard is better. No, it isn't. It's only better from a manufacturing standpoint because you can support multiple languages with software changes.

So you have to be "brainwashed" to feel as if the on screen keyboard is better? Actually i can type faster on screen in landscape mode than I ever could with my qwerty. As a matter of fact i hardly even used the qwerty. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I got to play with the hd also, but really I prefer the size of my TP2, if only it had a little more processor ass. Like all the phones we get from sprint about the time they reach us the hardware is way old.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Come on folks, by this time nxt year (maybe the year after), you'll all be sulking and saying that the HD2 is obsolete. I bet we'll have a device running two snapdragons soon enough.

The big hype to this phone? It's giant and it's the first majorly announced 1Ghz processor phone. Get over it and don't waste your money. Sure it'll be faster, but wasn't the Touch Diamond a breakthrough a mere 3 years ago? Now it's almost useless compared to the TP2. Same logic applies here folks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2