PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Played with HD2 today and -hmm (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113215)

pesok 03-06-2010 03:46 PM

Played with HD2 today and -hmm

IF you search my posts i was always uber excited about HD2 coming to US(and tooting Sprint's horn for getting it first), well since T-Mobiles users horns apparently were louder - i crawled into my hole admitting defeat. I have seen HD2 in person in europe before but few day ago my friend from Russia was visiting Boston and brought along his HD2. I was super excited to play with it for 3 whole days(he was using my moto razr while here anyways) and i must say - it is amazingly impressive device, the screen is just superb, huge and clear as day. Very snappy(it was running SPB Mobile Shell + Sense via detacher), 3d animations didnt lag once. Very thin and still comfy to hold in your hand. Looks absolutely like something you would imagine on the spaceship. And boy does it ever turn heads! I have had about dozen people ask me what kind of phone it was, and even one girl wanted to take a picture of it(in exchange for her phone #-she took a pic but i didnt tak the # though). Well today i took Dimitry to the airport and along with him went the exquisite HD2 on the way back to motha-Russia. So whats my final verdict after spending 3 glorious days with the super phone? I didnt like it and sticking with my TP2!!!

(pause for a suprise expression(if anyone actually read this far)). Ok i loved everything about it except the fact that onscreen typing (even on the huge screen) still is not even close to typing on hardware keyboard of my TP2. And that fact alone makes me a lot less sad that HD2 didnt make to Sprint 1st and i had a chance to try it myself and not just jump on it as i would have done if it came to Sprint @ christmas like was rumored. Sorry for long read!

Daikazetatsu 03-06-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Played with HD2 today and -hmm

Thats what Swype is for!

pesok 03-06-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daikazetatsu (Post 1611016)
Thats what Swype is for!

It had swype 3.9 on it and while it makes things more interesting - still the oscar goes to TP2's hardware keyboard

Daikazetatsu 03-06-2010 04:04 PM

Yea I do love the TP2's keyboard but Swpe makes short messages a breeze

malibu_23 03-06-2010 05:19 PM

yes, sad u had to [lay wit hit to realize that function beats form. thaz y theres 1 touch screen BB and bout 30 with KBs. Hardware KBs just rock. i had the original htc touch so i already kno what typin on a virtual kb all the time. i went to a treo pro and now a tp2. the supersonic/hd2 all perform well, but at the end of the day, i just need a HW Kb & a nice screen. ala TP2.

redd214 03-06-2010 05:57 PM

if only someone could sneak a snapdragon into a tp2, id be in heaven.....

but my wife is bored with her tp2 so im thinking about selling hers and my droid to get her an hd2, i cant wait to check it out in person!

thrashingdeth 03-06-2010 06:50 PM

i am considering moving to tmo just for the hd. So damn sexy, makes me wet just thinking about it. That 1ghz processor is amazing.

Mr.KLeen 03-06-2010 06:59 PM

thats what im doing when its out

pesok 03-06-2010 07:00 PM

cant wait for TP3 - amazing thing HTC doesnt even have to work hard on it. Just take TP2 and leave all as is except add 4.1-4.3" screen+snapdragon(1.5ghz pref)+1gb of RAM and ROM+digital compass(optional)+5mb camera(even more optional) and voila - perfect phone!
They already have all the parts, if TP2 screwed HD2 they would have perfect offspring

blowy666 03-07-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesok (Post 1611380)
cant wait for TP3 - amazing thing HTC doesnt even have to work hard on it. Just take TP2 and leave all as is except add 4.1-4.3" screen+snapdragon(1.5ghz pref)+1gb of RAM and ROM+digital compass(optional)+5mb camera(even more optional) and voila - perfect phone!
They already have all the parts, if TP2 screwed HD2 they would have perfect offspring

That will never happen, cause nobody would buy the other HTC-Phones then.
There will never be such a "perfect" phone....