PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Played with HD2 today and -hmm

IF you search my posts i was always uber excited about HD2 coming to US(and tooting Sprint's horn for getting it first), well since T-Mobiles users horns apparently were louder - i crawled into my hole admitting defeat. I have seen HD2 in person in europe before but few day ago my friend from Russia was visiting Boston and brought along his HD2. I was super excited to play with it for 3 whole days(he was using my moto razr while here anyways) and i must say - it is amazingly impressive device, the screen is just superb, huge and clear as day. Very snappy(it was running SPB Mobile Shell + Sense via detacher), 3d animations didnt lag once. Very thin and still comfy to hold in your hand. Looks absolutely like something you would imagine on the spaceship. And boy does it ever turn heads! I have had about dozen people ask me what kind of phone it was, and even one girl wanted to take a picture of it(in exchange for her phone #-she took a pic but i didnt tak the # though). Well today i took Dimitry to the airport and along with him went the exquisite HD2 on the way back to motha-Russia. So whats my final verdict after spending 3 glorious days with the super phone? I didnt like it and sticking with my TP2!!!

(pause for a suprise expression(if anyone actually read this far)). Ok i loved everything about it except the fact that onscreen typing (even on the huge screen) still is not even close to typing on hardware keyboard of my TP2. And that fact alone makes me a lot less sad that HD2 didnt make to Sprint 1st and i had a chance to try it myself and not just jump on it as i would have done if it came to Sprint @ christmas like was rumored. Sorry for long read!

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 03-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor
Re: Played with HD2 today and -hmm

Thats what Swype is for!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikazetatsu View Post
Thats what Swype is for!
It had swype 3.9 on it and while it makes things more interesting - still the oscar goes to TP2's hardware keyboard
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor

Yea I do love the TP2's keyboard but Swpe makes short messages a breeze
Old 03-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes, sad u had to [lay wit hit to realize that function beats form. thaz y theres 1 touch screen BB and bout 30 with KBs. Hardware KBs just rock. i had the original htc touch so i already kno what typin on a virtual kb all the time. i went to a treo pro and now a tp2. the supersonic/hd2 all perform well, but at the end of the day, i just need a HW Kb & a nice screen. ala TP2.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

if only someone could sneak a snapdragon into a tp2, id be in heaven.....

but my wife is bored with her tp2 so im thinking about selling hers and my droid to get her an hd2, i cant wait to check it out in person!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T_Mo

thrashingdeth is keeping up the good workthrashingdeth is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thrashingdeth Send a message via MSN to thrashingdeth Send a message via Yahoo to thrashingdeth

i am considering moving to tmo just for the hd. So damn sexy, makes me wet just thinking about it. That 1ghz processor is amazing.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

thats what im doing when its out
Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

cant wait for TP3 - amazing thing HTC doesnt even have to work hard on it. Just take TP2 and leave all as is except add 4.1-4.3" screen+snapdragon(1.5ghz pref)+1gb of RAM and ROM+digital compass(optional)+5mb camera(even more optional) and voila - perfect phone!
They already have all the parts, if TP2 screwed HD2 they would have perfect offspring
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
cant wait for TP3 - amazing thing HTC doesnt even have to work hard on it. Just take TP2 and leave all as is except add 4.1-4.3" screen+snapdragon(1.5ghz pref)+1gb of RAM and ROM+digital compass(optional)+5mb camera(even more optional) and voila - perfect phone!
They already have all the parts, if TP2 screwed HD2 they would have perfect offspring
That will never happen, cause nobody would buy the other HTC-Phones then.
There will never be such a "perfect" phone....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2