PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Played with HD2 today and -hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikazetatsu View Post
Thats what Swype is for!
or TouchPal 3.5.

I like TP so much that I use TP 3.5 95% of the time in my TP2 anyway (I have Swype installed also, but I personally prefer TP 3.5)

Using TP & their T+ technology, I can type INSANELY fast (much faster than even the TP2 hardware KB)

~John
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowy666 View Post
That will never happen, cause nobody would buy the other HTC-Phones then.
Sure they would, because the one you describe would be so big you would need a "man-purse" to carry it in.............

~John
Old 03-07-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowy666 View Post
That will never happen, cause nobody would buy the other HTC-Phones then.
There will never be such a "perfect" phone....
Make a perfect phone and you would not need to make other phones....Just ask Apple.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Make a perfect phone and you would not need to make other phones....Just ask Apple.
ask Apple what???? Is this the Iphone forum??/ If they had the perfect phone O guess we would all own it and there be no need for this forum....sorry, gonna go get sick again.....
Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I played with the hd2 ad nauseum and I was even going to purchase one for 400 bucks on craigslist - till the possibility of not upgrading to wp7s came around.
I still want the device but only if wp7 will come out on it either in a leaked beta build or final build
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
It had swype 3.9 on it and while it makes things more interesting - still the oscar goes to TP2's hardware keyboard
Nothing beats a hardware kb and the tp2 is excellent in that regard. Best I've used. I'd still prolly get a HD2 if verizon came out with it. It has everything else I'm looking for. And as for wp7, I hate losing my hundreds of dollars worth of apps that would be useless. So a fantastic device as the hd2 is would certainly keep me happy till the wm7 hoopla settles. Alas, I think "big red" will be a no show re" HD2.

Last edited by cbreze; 03-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

no cdma will get non keyboard devices due to lack of sales
Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
ask Apple what???? Is this the Iphone forum??/ If they had the perfect phone O guess we would all own it and there be no need for this forum....sorry, gonna go get sick again.....
Don't hate on apple, they have the number 1 selling phone ever. There is only 1 of them and only on one company. If there was one phone to be considered perfect it would be the iPhone. I looked into getting an iPhone for my brother and their monthly plans are outrageous, I can't believe that many people pay that much monthly for that phone. That phone single handedly save att and allows them to charge that much. Maybe Its not perfect but its the next best thing. I live in California and I mean everyone has a damn iPhone.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
I am not an iphone fanboy, but if they decided to release the device on Sprint, I am not sure I would be able to hold myself back.

Apple released a phone that didn't necessarily give us things that we didn't have already, but they just gave us everything in a better package and if you are in denial about that, all WM developers are creating all there new apps based on what the iPhone has brought to the game. It is all about fancy GUI's, sliding and scrolling, etc, which has exploded due to the iphone......

Seriously, the iphone is probably the best thing to happen to WM as well. Everyone made out better because of it! On top of that, if the iPhone was to release on Sprint or Verizon, I am willing to bet, you will see a lot of people jump ship.......Now let's see what WM7 can bring to the table.....And if you do not think the iPhone had any influence on WM7, you should go and get sick again!

My point being, give the people 1 phone with all the goodies, and that is all you need. Not a bunch of devices each with shortcomings. The TP2 should have never been released with such a crappy processor. It is not like HTC doesn't know it is out of date.

Whether you like the iphone or not, it has sold millions and millions and for good reason.....

Last edited by eman; 03-07-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

After having a Vogue for 2 years I'll NEVER go back to Touch Screen only. I'm Madly in love with my TP2. I'm even looking for a way to totally disable the onscreen KB.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2