PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LePapirrikY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

yeah, i used the cab u linked but everything goes back again everytime i soft reset, even if i save it. Yesterday my data was working only on opera but to download my emails they werent working and today i soft reset again and nothing works....men, this swype have really mess up my phone. i guess i have no other choice than just hard reset #$%#@&%$^
Old 02-20-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad150db View Post
Strange because PRL update and Profile update worked fine for me after installing on my Sprint TP2. I guess I was lucky I am currently running SPRINT NEODIUM V6
So I have my own rom cooked with Calk's kitchen and the update profile and PRL still work after soft resets although I experience no data, went and edited my connection settings and saved now works fine only problem otherwise is sprint TV, I use Swype more than sprint tv so i am keeping this for now.

One thing I was thinking of would be a mortscript that would change the MODELID txt file before the launch of a carrier program, i.e sprint tv. Not sure if this would work But I am going to try.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Can anyone attach a EXT I tried making one from the cab but it seems to missing registry settings etc.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i'm telling you there is a way to get it to work without using the modelname method, the chefs just aren't sharing how... check custom ROMs that aren't even based on the tmo rom and some of them have a working version of swype and the modelname is simply the tp2 model number.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Thumbs down Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i'm telling you there is a way to get it to work without using the modelname method, the chefs just aren't sharing how... check custom ROMs that aren't even based on the tmo rom and some of them have a working version of swype and the modelname is simply the tp2 model number.
What roms are you talking about care to share a link maybe we can dump the rom and compare files.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

any screen shots of this new version of swype?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: 3

Lassee is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
BTW - installing this new version of SWYPE messed up my email accounts.. I had to use a program called FIX ACCOUNTS to fix the error.. the account shows up on TF3D but in pocket outlook its gone... the program I used repaired the account.....DOES anyone know if we should NOT run this version.. it appears to mess up people phone (as noted by me and another person on here)....

I got the same problem. All my mailboxes are gone. But I can't configure them again because I get a warning that the mailbox already exists. Where did you find this program "FIX ACCOUNTS"??? I need that program badly!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassee View Post
Quote:
BTW - installing this new version of SWYPE messed up my email accounts.. I had to use a program called FIX ACCOUNTS to fix the error.. the account shows up on TF3D but in pocket outlook its gone... the program I used repaired the account.....DOES anyone know if we should NOT run this version.. it appears to mess up people phone (as noted by me and another person on here)....

I got the same problem. All my mailboxes are gone. But I can't configure them again because I get a warning that the mailbox already exists. Where did you find this program "FIX ACCOUNTS"??? I need that program badly!
you can use fix accounts app found earlier in this thread or just delete your account from outlook options. then readd it.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassee View Post
Quote:

this was probably posted in this thread already but here is the link again

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TD 2
Carrier: O2

cainadams is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

Hi,

I have just installed swype on my TD2. It works quite good.
I haven't checked my e-mail accounts yet, because I don't use them very often. But I had to reenter the key for my Wifi connection.

I use the german o2 6.5 ROM

Good Luck

Jürgen
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2