PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

does anyone have the ext for this?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I got it to install without the error for being the wrong device, but it can't open the dictionaries It's a start, but I'm going to go to sleep because working night shift sucks...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I got it to install without the error for being the wrong device, but it can't open the dictionaries It's a start, but I'm going to go to sleep because working night shift sucks...

get some sleep bro....I know you will crack it...thx!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: 3

Lassee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
BTW - installing this new version of SWYPE messed up my email accounts.. I had to use a program called FIX ACCOUNTS to fix the error.. the account shows up on TF3D but in pocket outlook its gone... the program I used repaired the account.....DOES anyone know if we should NOT run this version.. it appears to mess up people phone (as noted by me and another person on here)....

I got the same problem. All my mailboxes are gone. But I can't configure them again because I get a warning that the mailbox already exists. Where did you find this program "FIX ACCOUNTS"??? I need that program badly!
this was probably posted in this thread already but here is the link again

Thank you. It worked. However, I can't see why a keyboard software messes up mailboxes.. What has those two in common??
Old 02-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Guys, Changing the ModleID.txt while having emails or a pin set up WILL break your email, and WILL lock you out of your device. this is exactly what the issue is.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

I have installed this and my emails work fine.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MAC
Carrier: Verizon, T Mobile

TheSwypeTeam is a n00b

Hi everyone,

We would like to provide an update regarding the unauthorized distribution of our Swype software. We realize that many sites are now distributing this software and several are providing installation instructions.

We are glad that you like Swype, but we did not release or leak it for distribution and do not support any downloadable versions. More specifically, any current versions of the Swype software were distributed to business partners or journalists and were done so under Non-Disclosure Agreements or a EULA, and with a time-out feature.

So far we have released Swype on the Samsung Omnia II on the Windows Mobile 6.5 platform and we have a number of other device launches as well as some additional mobile OS launches coming up soon. Because our partners are highly sensitive about their product releases we really cannot say anything further.

Stay tuned at www.swype.com and look for a better, more feature complete, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone that Swype does not explicitly or implicitly condone the unauthorized copying and distribution of the Swype software and to inform you that the Swype software is proprietary to Swype, Inc., is the copyrighted work of Swype, Inc., and Swype, Inc. has and always will reserve all of its rights.

Last edited by TheSwypeTeam; 02-23-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwypeTeam View Post
Hi everyone,

We would like to provide an update regarding the unauthorized distribution of our Swype software for the Android platform. We realize that many sites are now distributing this software and several are providing installation instructions.

We are glad that you like Swype, but we did not release or leak it for distribution and do not support any downloadable versions. More specifically, any current versions of the Swype software for the Android platform were distributed to business partners or journalists and were done so under Non-Disclosure Agreements or a EULA, and with a time-out feature.

One might ask why we don't just release it ourselves and save everyone the hassle? The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. Our current business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business with unique challenges and thus it is hard to say when.
So far we have released Swype on the Samsung Omnia II on the Windows Mobile 6.5 platform and we have a number of Android device launches as well as some additional mobile OS launches coming up soon. Because our partners are highly sensitive about their product releases we really cannot say anything further.

Stay tuned at www.swype.com and look for a better, more feature complete, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone that Swype does not explicitly or implicitly condone the unauthorized copying and distribution of the Swype software and to inform you that the Swype software is proprietary to Swype, Inc., is the copyrighted work of Swype, Inc., and Swype, Inc. has and always will reserve all of its rights.
I guess it is a good thing we are not distributing the Android version then. Oh those Android thieves!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

good luck imnuts! the chefs know how to do it as we've seen it cooked in, so maybe they can discretely point you in the right direction to create a cab...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
good luck imnuts! the chefs know how to do it as we've seen it cooked in, so maybe they can discretely point you in the right direction to create a cab...
That would be so awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendi503 View Post
I have installed this and my emails work fine.
You're lucky, dude............

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool

Last edited by Tink; 02-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2