PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyss View Post
I can not overwrite the file in windows root folder because it is writing protected? How to fix this? ..
Make sure you are not using Windows File Explorer to overwrite the file - use total commander, Resco File Explorer or something like that. I included the Total Commander cab since it's free
Attached Files
File Type: cab tcmdpocketarm.cab (486.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettejudd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyss View Post
I can not overwrite the file in windows root folder because it is writing protected? How to fix this? ..
Make sure you are not using Windows File Explorer to overwrite the file - use total commander, Resco File Explorer or something like that. I included the Total Commander cab since it's free

GUYS are you all not realizing that you are messing up your phones when you overwite the file... I cant say it does this for every phone model but it did it for mine.. changing that file tells ALL you apps what phone you have (ones that read for it) and especially your CARRIER who, when you change it your can no longer get carrier specific updates (prl, profile) and carier branded apps do not work.. I experienced this first hand after someone pointed it out.. I couldnt do a PRL or PROFILE update and sprint TV didnt work etc...it also messes up your email...

If there is a way to use this new version without changing that file that would be great.. otherwise Im staying on 2.0 and everyone else should do that as well...
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

quad150db is a n00b

Strange because PRL update and Profile update worked fine for me after installing on my Sprint TP2. I guess I was lucky I am currently running SPRINT NEODIUM V6
Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

damn i wish i woulda read this thread first... found that swype was working from an outside page and the link took me to a single post from this thread... i guess those guys at Swype really figured it out this time.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad150db View Post
Strange because PRL update and Profile update worked fine for me after installing on my Sprint TP2. I guess I was lucky I am currently running SPRINT NEODIUM V6
did you restart the phone after installing? if you did not restart the phone and you ran prl, it shuld work because the changes have not officially been made

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

Last edited by twe90kid; 02-20-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad150db View Post
did you restart the phone after installing? if you did not restart the phone and you ran prl, it shuld work because the changes have not officially been made
EXACTLY... my email account was not messed up UNTIL I did a soft reset... I didnt even think about trying sprint TV or prl/profile until someone mentioned it here
Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so i'm wondering if you run PRL before restart, it will clean up the tmo mess and keep data working after restart... who wants to test? LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hughedee is just getting started

I ran the old version on my touch pro2 forever with absolutely no problems. This new version with the fix and all broke my data connections. Couldn't get it to work again. Was forced to do a hard reset. Folks don't use this version unless you're looking for problems. It seems to change random settings. Who knows how it'd screw up your phone.

I first thought it worked perfectly too, until realizing with later use something was wrong with my phone. Before posting that it works great, make sure you've played around with your phone for a couple hours to see if there are any bugs.

Last edited by hughedee; 02-20-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

LePapirrikY is a n00b

im facing the same problem, mess up email acct and data, but i really dont wanna hard reset my phone yet, anyone have a safe way to return back to normal? im using the stock sprint rom.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePapirrikY View Post
im facing the same problem, mess up email acct and data, but i really dont wanna hard reset my phone yet, anyone have a safe way to return back to normal? im using the stock sprint rom.
You can use the email fix program I linked to to fix the email. If you are on a stock ROM, then I have no idea how you are going to fix the data issues.. I am on MIGHTY and it it has a provisioning program installed. I had to re-run that so that it reset all the phone settings to the proper setup. All is working fine now.. no hard reset needed...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2