View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
djqwikcut
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swype 3.9. I need some help from the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettejudd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyss View Post
I can not overwrite the file in windows root folder because it is writing protected? How to fix this? ..
Make sure you are not using Windows File Explorer to overwrite the file - use total commander, Resco File Explorer or something like that. I included the Total Commander cab since it's free

GUYS are you all not realizing that you are messing up your phones when you overwite the file... I cant say it does this for every phone model but it did it for mine.. changing that file tells ALL you apps what phone you have (ones that read for it) and especially your CARRIER who, when you change it your can no longer get carrier specific updates (prl, profile) and carier branded apps do not work.. I experienced this first hand after someone pointed it out.. I couldnt do a PRL or PROFILE update and sprint TV didnt work etc...it also messes up your email...

If there is a way to use this new version without changing that file that would be great.. otherwise Im staying on 2.0 and everyone else should do that as well...