PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do people who owned the original Touch Pro feel about it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
My TP2 has made me realize how much I relied on the flash of the TP as a flashlight. I miss that thing so bad. And I wish I still had a dpad...
Have you tried the flashlight app for the TP2? I find it works in some occasions, although not nearly as well as having a true LED flashlight app.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Have you tried the flashlight app for the TP2? I find it works in some occasions, although not nearly as well as having a true LED flashlight app.
which flashlight app? there is like 3 of them and everybody says every version sucks. so idk what one to try out. better yet. idk what ones exist.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
I have and it works ok for looking at the keyhole or something, but if I'm looking under the bed for something, I still miss the flash.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
What weather fix?
there was a fix hat let you enter different cities than the stock "list of cities" . when I installed 6.5 this ddint work anymore.

Closest city to me is wichita ks, over 150 miles away.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i have the right soft key on the today screen mapped to the old contacts.
How so? Many people want this.

Stock or custom ROM?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
which flashlight app? there is like 3 of them and everybody says every version sucks. so idk what one to try out. better yet. idk what ones exist.
They do all suck, but SpoonTorch is the best one because it automatically jacks the screen up to max brightness when you activate it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think any of the other apps do that. Obviously, this is not a replacement for the blinding led that the older phones had but it's better than nothing.

~John
Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Customers come in with Tp1s and I just think "wow, how did I ever use that thing?" lol The screen just seems so tiny now. I remember the day I got it, I worked for a Tmo dealer at the time, and everyone was swooning over it. Saying how good it looked, and how nice the features were. Granted, I was 1 of the few that had very very very minimal problems with my TP1. Never had to hard reset, maybe 5 total soft resets in the 10 months that I had it. I was originally going to send my TP2 back, as I ordered just to hold me over until a replacement phone came(self caused issue) but I got it for $200 and decided to keep it. Best phone decision ever
Old 01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

i never had the tp1 but i am sure as hell happy with the tp2!!!!...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2

Sting32 is a n00b

Quote:
i have the right soft key on the today screen mapped to the old contacts.
HEY! Post on how to accomplish this?

or at least to the thread on how to map a soft key!?!?!

this is too friggin important, and I have been tryin to search this site, but 'mapping soft key' says no results...
Old 01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To be honest. My First TP that I bought from a corp store brand new in the box at full price was excellent. Wasn't leaps and bounds from the Apache, Mogul, Vogue, or Diamond. But it was a step above. Phone portion of the TP worked great. Using the stock rom with the right settings it was fine.

Only time I had problems was once I had to replace my original with refurbs, nothing but the phone portion ever worked right, and I lived with that for a year..

With SERO @ $30 a month that was fine, but once I had to switch to the $70 plan... It could just not cut it..

The TP2 works just fine as it should (I miss the flash on the TP).. as far as the OS.. well that's another story, IMHO Android is alot more fun/robust. If it wasn't for custom roms and HTC's Sense UI, TP2 is just an updated Apache..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touch pro, touch pro2