PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: How do people who owned the original Touch Pro feel about it now?

yeah ..try some Mogul hardware...lol
Old 01-17-2010, 06:54 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Talking Re: How do people who owned the original Touch Pro feel about it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
...and everyone I know (Iphones, android users, other smartphones , etc . all cream their jeans with envy when we compare functionality)
Thanks for that! LOL
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor

I'm surprised so many people miss the dpad! I literally never used that thing. Actually I blamed it for that tiny screen size lol
Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

martinarcher is a n00b

I had two of them and don't miss them at all. The screen was small and it had a whole slew of problems. I'm loving my free TP2 upgrade! Thanks Sprint!
-Philippians 4:19

Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC/Vz Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

Big Calhoun is a n00b

Aesthetics wise, the Touch Pro was definitely behind. I could never get over the straights edge and bland look. Functionality wise, there are pluses and minuses.

It is nicer to have the large screen on the TP2 and do away with the clumsy directional control of the TP1. But I miss the responsiveness of the GPS from the TP1. Since I spend 1/4 of my work day driving, that is a big deal to me.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

16 hour cold turkey Touch Pro(1) former user here:

Biggest thing for me, I really miss from the pro1... this is the only thing that makes me feel that way -->
the F####n contacts,
they cant be sorted by company, and that is s##t piss poor!!!! I have 200 phone numbers and contacts (I use it as a work as much as a personal phone but hell I have 80 people I might call in my cycle club alone! )

Really pi$$es me off too, that I have tweaked how I label and group things by alphabetical "company" for 3 years now, but today, nope, just typical bull$HIP like Microsoft: "lets delete this feature, it was too useful... Thanks HTC thanks a lot.

now I have to decide, delete contacts and or quit syncing with outlook, which was one the plusses for buying winmo phone... Can you tell Im pissed about this?

everything but the missing flash (for flashlight though, I have enjoyed more, on the TP2 and this is only after 16 hours of use --> on one charge BTW!... Not but 3 calls, in town, near towers no roaming... done a little webn, bluetoothin, a some Wifi testing lots of reading now on the site.

Cant beat the screen with a stick. Hope Vzw gets the touch HD, I dont know if I really need the physical keyboard anymore, but I do use it more.

I just loaded VZW's 6.5. release, Got to find the weather fix, but it is nice it knows where I really am, but I like putting in places I frequent!

Last edited by Sting32; 01-17-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Got to find the weather fix,
What weather fix?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
16 hour cold turkey Touch Pro(1) former user here:

Biggest thing for me, I really miss from the pro1... this is the only thing that makes me feel that way -->
the F####n contacts,
they cant be sorted by company, and that is s##t piss poor!!!! I have 200 phone numbers and contacts (I use it as a work as much as a personal phone but hell I have 80 people I might call in my cycle club alone! )

Really pi$$es me off too, that I have tweaked how I label and group things by alphabetical "company" for 3 years now, but today, nope, just typical bull$HIP like Microsoft: "lets delete this feature, it was too useful... Thanks HTC thanks a lot.

now I have to decide, delete contacts and or quit syncing with outlook, which was one the plusses for buying winmo phone... Can you tell Im pissed about this?

everything but the missing flash (for flashlight though, I have enjoyed more, on the TP2 and this is only after 16 hours of use --> on one charge BTW!... Not but 3 calls, in town, near towers no roaming... done a little webn, bluetoothin, a some Wifi testing lots of reading now on the site.

Cant beat the screen with a stick. Hope Vzw gets the touch HD, I dont know if I really need the physical keyboard anymore, but I do use it more.

I just loaded VZW's 6.5. release, Got to find the weather fix, but it is nice it knows where I really am, but I like putting in places I frequent!
Hit Programs, All Programs (or map it) and then Contacts and its the 'old' WinMo from the TP1. However, if you try to map the Left Soft Key on the home tab to Contacts, its the old style also. The other problem is then you cant change the Contacts that was there already
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Only thing I miss about the TP1 is the damn flash! Other than that, all TP1 that was ever made needs to just come together in one big landfill and be incinerated!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Hit Programs, All Programs (or map it) and then Contacts and its the 'old' WinMo from the TP1. However, if you try to map the Left Soft Key on the home tab to Contacts, its the old style also. The other problem is then you cant change the Contacts that was there already
i have the right soft key on the today screen mapped to the old contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touch pro, touch pro2