PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

My gps works perfectly with the new rom with no changes other than updating quickgps. So i don't know why people are having problems.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitsjd View Post
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I just got off the phone with verizon. I recieved a referb phone the other day from then and was like ill check for 6.5... Last night there it was!!! I Updated. Everything was going good then I tried to use gps. Nothing. I talk to a rep today for 1hour and she confired this is official verizon update but it is not susposed to be released yet and it not fully supported on the network. I should be released in the next 6 weeks and the version she gave me was slightly higher! They are finishing working out the final tweeks but till then I am getting shipped another phone. (free of charge) so I will be able to use my gps properly.

Best of luck to you all.
I would take what that rep said with a salt lick (a grain of salt isn't enough in this case). There no evidence aside from what you said that this is not official, not to mention it is from the official site and is not labeled as beta. Not to mention there are many documented cases of customer service reps giving very wrong information.

In addition the GPS is working just fine on my TP2 flashed with this firmware. Did you run QuickGPS before trying to get a lock? It's very possible that refurb you received is simply defective.

Also, I noticed one nice thing with this newer ROM, which I suspect is maybe just a feature of Win6.5. When I play music via the TF3D player through the built-in speaker the screen will turn off after the specified "Turn off device if not used for" time, and keep playing the music. WM6.1 did not do this, and would just leave the screen on. I will note that if I turn off the screen with the button it will stop playing music just like WM6.1 did. This is great for battery life, and no need to install an app just to be able to turn the screen off.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

gordon3 is a n00b

Hi yoitsjd, I initially had the same problem you had, but after running the QuickGPS update, like drewcam888, the GPS seems to be working fine. I tested it on Google maps using "my location".
Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

The fact that the new Visual Voice Mail works with the ear piece and is now back to being integrated with the Home screen is a win. I miss my shortcuts on the Home Screen with War but Visual Voice Mail is worth it. The GPS works fine for me so I don't understand the post that it's broke with the new Rom.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible (b/u TP2)! ;-)

sccafun is a n00b

Installed today, it is official...everything works fine...I know some of you are still in shock...just flash it, and forgetabout it....I had my 6.1 tweaked exactly how I liked...background all tabs, custom taskbar, etc....pain in the arse to do it again and go thru the trial and error....does anyone have a background all tabs cab that will work for 6.5 with weather animation WITHOUT doing HDWalls? Cheers mates!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccafun View Post
Installed today, it is official...everything works fine...I know some of you are still in shock...just flash it, and forgetabout it....I had my 6.1 tweaked exactly how I liked...background all tabs, custom taskbar, etc....pain in the arse to do it again and go thru the trial and error....does anyone have a background all tabs cab that will work for 6.5 with weather animation WITHOUT doing HDWalls? Cheers mates!
Take the attached file and overwrite the one in your phone's \Windows directory (you may need Total Commander or Resco Explorer to do it)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

svrushdog is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Can anyone help with this?

I keep getting the "connection failed, try again later" on QuickGPS, and GoogleMaps can't find my location with satellites, keeps showing zero...

I used this HTC GPS Tool and it's not showing ANY satellites on the screen, red OR white...

could my GPS be turned off somehow? I've got location service On but don't see anywhere else where I can test if the GPS is actually on and working or not...

Can anyone help?

thanks

gr
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

Lyman1 is keeping up the good workLyman1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpdog View Post
Anyone seen either the new Verizon Visual Voicemail app (1.1.11.95) or the new Arcsoft MMS Composer (5.2.6.45) in cab form? I want to install MightyMikes but I wanted the latest apps. Anyone with the know how wanna attempt it?
Bump.

I've been looking for these cabs as well.

All the Best!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: ATT

godfa7h3r is a n00b

Is there a new way to disable SMS sent popup now that it's on 6.5? The previous cabs I was using don't seem to have any effect. Sorry if this has been asked previously.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else having a problem pairing their TP2 with a Mercedes C300?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2