BeefJerky
N00b

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitsjd View Post
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I just got off the phone with verizon. I recieved a referb phone the other day from then and was like ill check for 6.5... Last night there it was!!! I Updated. Everything was going good then I tried to use gps. Nothing. I talk to a rep today for 1hour and she confired this is official verizon update but it is not susposed to be released yet and it not fully supported on the network. I should be released in the next 6 weeks and the version she gave me was slightly higher! They are finishing working out the final tweeks but till then I am getting shipped another phone. (free of charge) so I will be able to use my gps properly.

Best of luck to you all.
I would take what that rep said with a salt lick (a grain of salt isn't enough in this case). There no evidence aside from what you said that this is not official, not to mention it is from the official site and is not labeled as beta. Not to mention there are many documented cases of customer service reps giving very wrong information.

In addition the GPS is working just fine on my TP2 flashed with this firmware. Did you run QuickGPS before trying to get a lock? It's very possible that refurb you received is simply defective.

Also, I noticed one nice thing with this newer ROM, which I suspect is maybe just a feature of Win6.5. When I play music via the TF3D player through the built-in speaker the screen will turn off after the specified "Turn off device if not used for" time, and keep playing the music. WM6.1 did not do this, and would just leave the screen on. I will note that if I turn off the screen with the button it will stop playing music just like WM6.1 did. This is great for battery life, and no need to install an app just to be able to turn the screen off.