PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Did you seriously just quote yourself and then respond?
Yes, I woke the dragon in between.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
So the even more plus plans are similar to sprint however tmobiles data rates suck. These packages do not include unlimited music/tv/live database navigation.

Effectively to get the same thing sprint provides to me which is basically unlimited calling due to free any mobile to mobile... you would have to pick the $139 plan for two phones. Sprint handsets are $19.99 additional, and I do believe everyone gets the package benefits. So in effect its still more expensive the service sucks the customer service sucks. Sprint upgraded 2 of my tp1's to tp2's for FREE!
Are you out of your mind? Did you really just say T-Mobile's customer sucks and you would rather take Sprint's? LOL!!!

Anyway, as you just found out and tried to justify, T-Mobile's Even More Plus are cheaper across the board than Sprint's. And there are no nickel and dime fees ($5 for having a spending limit) and no contracts.

As for your Sprint tv, navigation, and all that...

Google Navigation is free, Bing is free, there are tons of free GPS apps. Justin.tv is free and WAY better than Sprint tv. The apps Sprint includes is cool to be included for free, but it's not a must have or anything. Better stuff is out there for free. Heck, even here most of the cooked ROMs don't work with the Sprint services but that doesn't stop anyone from flashing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Spoofing and ESN and listening in on calls are two completely and totally different things. Not to mention the fact that if someone clones your ESN your account will be flagged and suspended real quick, but even so it would not lead to the ability for someone to listen in on your call. I'm about 95% positive on that, but if you have a source that proves otherwise I'd happily eat my words.
You are dead wrong. Spoofing an ESN does in fact give you the ability to listen in on calls and such. It's the main reason cloning an ESN is illegal in the USA. I don't want to get anyone in trouble or anything, so I'll just say I know of people who have done it while trying to get a non Sprint phone activated on Sprint. And this was years ago.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
The story says it took 5 months to crack the code of tech thats just now being replaced...Whatever man, i'm just poking you with a stick for the most part since I had to endure your windage.....
No man, the tech that was cracked is 21 years old. And it was replaced a long time ago. The story says some carriers are just now implementing it, but it has been out there for a while now.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

You guys want to act like I'm just some fanboy or something, lol. Please note that I actually have Sprint right now. I'm not just some GSM fanboy- I call it like I see it. SOmeone earlier said CDMA was superior to GSM, so I just put some facts out there. GSM has several advantages over CDMA. And I'm talking about the technology that is currently in use.

So far the only advantage for CDMA I have hgeard is "in my area there is better coverage."

Well that is not a technological advantage, just a coverage issue. And it should also be noted that while Verizon kills AT&T in 3G coverage, Sprint does not. It may be better in some areas, but it's certainly not Verizon level coverage on Sprint.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Are you out of your mind? Did you really just say T-Mobile's customer sucks and you would rather take Sprint's? LOL!!!

Anyway, as you just found out and tried to justify, T-Mobile's Even More Plus are cheaper across the board than Sprint's. And there are no nickel and dime fees ($5 for having a spending limit) and no contracts.

As for your Sprint tv, navigation, and all that...

Google Navigation is free, Bing is free, there are tons of free GPS apps. Justin.tv is free and WAY better than Sprint tv. The apps Sprint includes is cool to be included for free, but it's not a must have or anything. Better stuff is out there for free. Heck, even here most of the cooked ROMs don't work with the Sprint services but that doesn't stop anyone from flashing.
I thought you were saying to speak facts? Did tmobile upgrade everyones tp1 that requested it for free? Google navigation isn't out yet? Google maps app is certainly not sprintnav.. sprintnav is a full blown gps like garmin etc its not a freeware app. You have 2d or 3d maps tracking etc its online and updated. In fact a new subdivision near me is still not listed on google maps but is on sprintnav. Businesses in the nav have ratings that users can and do rate. You can search for cheapest gas close to you or closest chinese etc.. (stay away from 1 stars)

Every rom worth flashing has had sprint capabilities. People have ripped the cabs etc because they are worth it.

Bottom line however is I agree the price is comparible for the basic unlimited services, but spint has a huge advantage in the unlimited arena because their data network is faster. The unlimited mobile to mobile any network anytime.. calling really saves on the ole minutes and additional lines are cheaper and have all the perks of the first two.

And for me to buy a tmobile plan that would provide the same functionality minus sprintnav (which i enjoy its many features and use all the time), nfl, music, etc... and slower data speeds/dropped calls etc that plagues tmobile.. then i'd have to pay $10 more. No thanks.

If the HD2 did come to sprint i would consider it even though i'm a hw keyboard kind of guy, but its only because of swype.

Last edited by solarflarex; 12-29-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You are a GSM fanboy although you are taking this all in stride which is nice. I can tell you that GSM sucks where I live (Central Florida). I had it before and couldn't get signal indoors at the mall, movie theater and the back of Walmart. My Sprint signal steps on this all day and has reception where it shouldn't be possible (like inside theme park attractions lol)... I read an article where ATT or Apple states a 30% drop rate in NYC is reasonable. Thats 3 outta 10 calls dropped. Hopefully your not being killed during one of these drops......Yikes.

Anyway i'm messing with ya and no ill will.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

how did the simple question about getting on HD2 massive board get into war between GSM and CDMA? gotta love these forums!

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

after having a prefectly working leo senseUI 2.5 with landscape support on the best WVGA qwerty device made to date.... i dunno bout the HD2 anymore....

ill wait for the touch pro 3 with a faster CPU
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
I thought you were saying to speak facts? Did tmobile upgrade everyones tp1 that requested it for free? Google navigation isn't out yet? Google maps app is certainly not sprintnav.. sprintnav is a full blown gps like garmin etc its not a freeware app. You have 2d or 3d maps tracking etc its online and updated. In fact a new subdivision near me is still not listed on google maps but is on sprintnav. Businesses in the nav have ratings that users can and do rate. You can search for cheapest gas close to you or closest chinese etc.. (stay away from 1 stars)

Every rom worth flashing has had sprint capabilities. People have ripped the cabs etc because they are worth it.

Bottom line however is I agree the price is comparible for the basic unlimited services, but spint has a huge advantage in the unlimited arena because their data network is faster. The unlimited mobile to mobile any network anytime.. calling really saves on the ole minutes and additional lines are cheaper and have all the perks of the first two.

And for me to buy a tmobile plan that would provide the same functionality minus sprintnav (which i enjoy its many features and use all the time), nfl, music, etc... and slower data speeds/dropped calls etc that plagues tmobile.. then i'd have to pay $10 more. No thanks.

If the HD2 did come to sprint i would consider it even though i'm a hw keyboard kind of guy, but its only because of swype.
1: I don't know if T-Mobile upgraded everyone to a Touch Pro 2 or not. They didn't carry the Touch Pro 1, so if they did it would have been a much bigger upgrade than what you are talking about. I also know that Sprint didn't upgrade "everyone who requested" to a Touch Pro 2. Maybe they did yours- good for you. But there are PLENTY of people using Touch Pro 1's on Sprint who would happily take a free Touch Pro 2. And, again, you can be certain that T-Mobile upgraded some people to Touch Pro 2's. Heck, T-Mobile was actually giving Touch Pro 2's away for free to anyone who agreed to a 2 year contract, no sending in your old device required. T-Mobile is rated MUCH better than Sprint in terms oif customer service, so you are fighting a losing battle on that front. It's hillarious that you would even attempt such a ridiculous argument.

2: Uh, I know what Sprint Nav is- I have it on my Sprint plan. And I know that Goole Maps is not the same. However, Google NAV, as I said, is BETTER than Sprint nav. And it is free on the T-Mobile G1 and My Touch 3G right now. It will be free on Windows Mobile too in the next few months. And there are several full blown GPS apps that are free. Sprint Nav isn;t exactly a top of the line GPS app, so getting it for free isn't that big of a deal. It's cool and all, but not a must have.

3: Again, you are acting like I'm some newbie fanboy or something. I have flashed plenty of good ROMs that Sprint stuff didn't work on. Heck, it's only been pretty recently that they got the Sprint stuff working on ANY ROM. Sprint TV is choppy and crappy looking if you can even get it to work at all- right now. Sprint Music doesn't even work at all. And everyone tried their darndest to replace Sprint Nav with Telenav. So don't try to BS me here- I know the real deal. Like I said, I have Sprint, I have all those services on my plan, and I know what they are all about. It's cool to have them, but it's not like I was going without before I had Sprint. And it's not like anybody waited to flash a cooked ROM until that stuff worked.

4: Sprint's data network is NOT faster than T-Mobile's, lol. Maybe when they get some 4G phones and roll 4G out all over. But T-Mobile has been rolling out 21 meg HSPA+ data, pretty aggressively. Sprint has a larger coverage area, but that is not going to be an advantage for long. T-Mobile has been aggressive with their network upgrade. You seem top be talking about the T-Mobile of years past, not the T-Mobile of today 9and soon to be tomorrow).

5: Additional lines are slightly cheaper for smartphones on Sprint- significantly cheaper for dumbphones on T-Mobile. And, again, you have to factor in all of Sprint's nickel and dime fees that aren't listed on the plan price ($5 for spending limit accounts, various other fees). Plus, T-Mobile's family plans are actually cheaper for the first 2 lines. And, again, there is no contract requirement.

6: T-Mobile is not $10 more, lol. And, again, there are free nav apps, free tv apps, free music apps, all better than what Sprint is including in their plans.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2