PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
Solarfarex never said Tmobile plans are cheaper across the board, I believe he was saying that if he didn't have nights at 7 PM (mine are at 6 PM free of charge) and mobile to mobile (any network) then he would have to step up to the $139.00 dollar package on T-mobile. T-mobile nights start at 9 PM and T-mobile doesn't have mobile to mobile (any network). You can't look at the plan alone, you have to read the details. I think everyone on here thinks their carrier is the best for them, or why would you be with that carrier... Heck I bet most of us also have some type of discount. I love Sprint, never had an issue with calls, data, or customer service, if I did I would leave them.

And you can't compare Google Navigation to Sprint Navigation but i agree Sprint TV needs an upgrade.
Man I have Sprint, lol. Everyone keeps assuming that since I am arguing for GSM that I must be a GSM user/fanboy. I have a Sprint family plan with 4 Touch Pro 2's.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Yeah but T-Mobile is already confirmed to be launching the HD2. No CDMA carrier has even hinted they'll be getting it...
They were also the first with the TP2 even though the others were announced during that period. Giving it much more thought even though the HD2 is nice and swype makes it usable w/o a hw keyboard. it is the first multi capacitive device with a 1ghz processor... I think i'll actually wait a gen or two for them to iron the out the hardware problems etc... and maybe shrink the electronics down even more by then to allow a slim tp2 like kb for when you don't feel like swyp'n...

(lesson learned from tp1)
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
They were also the first with the TP2 even though the others were announced during that period. Giving it much more thought even though the HD2 is nice and swype makes it usable w/o a hw keyboard. it is the first multi capacitive device with a 1ghz processor... I think i'll actually wait a gen or two for them to iron the out the hardware problems etc... and maybe shrink the electronics down even more by then to allow a slim tp2 like kb for when you don't feel like swyp'n...

Well we have gone so many rounds on this that my original point was lost...

I would not even think about switching carriers for the HD2. Now, if it had a keyboard and tilting screen like the Touch Pro 2, I'd be gone in a hot flash after it.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

willnj is just getting started

I know you have Sprint, but I'm surprised you don't see the real cost savings between the two. Honestly i don't know which is better GSM or CMDA. I do know that Sprint is great for me, and I wouldn't move to a different carrier just for the phone.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:

there is nothing wrong with the tp1 internally, its basically the same as tp2. the fact that the keyboard dies all the time and the battery drain are manufactuer defects and should never have happened. snapdragon processor and capacitive screen have been on multiple devices already, the hd2 isn't the 1st. as you see the htc has created a phone with capacitive screen already (hero) I definitely don't mind being the 1st cdma tester with these capabilities. I don't know how so many of you can be cool with how slow these programs open up. all the videos im watching programs are launching instantly, that alone should make everyone want to give up their keyboards.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
I know you have Sprint, but I'm surprised you don't see the real cost savings between the two. Honestly i don't know which is better GSM or CMDA. I do know that Sprint is great for me, and I wouldn't move to a different carrier just for the phone.
I'm on the Sprint Referral plan, so I know for sure mine is cheaper than T-Mobile. But the advertised T-Mobile price is cheaper than Sprint's advertised price, no question about it. Sprint throws in some extra perks like nav and sprint tv, but nothing you can't get for free on any smartphone anyway.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
there is nothing wrong with the tp1 internally, its basically the same as tp2. the fact that the keyboard dies all the time and the battery drain are manufactuer defects and should never have happened. snapdragon processor and capacitive screen have been on multiple devices already, the hd2 isn't the 1st. as you see the htc has created a phone with capacitive screen already (hero) I definitely don't mind being the 1st cdma tester with these capabilities. I don't know how so many of you can be cool with how slow these programs open up. all the videos im watching programs are launching instantly, that alone should make everyone want to give up their keyboards.
Right it had hardware problems. A 1ghz processor and multi touch screen are certainly going to have impact on battery life etc. Since its likely made on the cheap as most things are these days i'm sure there will be hardware problems to iron out over a model or two...

edit: after doing search i found this link to a glowing review followed by a bunch of opposite responses including these:

There seem to be three main issues with the HD2 so far:

Battery life

Pink spot in camera

phantom screen inputs/hyper sensitive screen

others were complaining about text messaging isn't working right and after awhile you have to soft reset for it to work again etc..

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=10415

Last edited by solarflarex; 12-29-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Right it had hardware problems. A 1ghz processor and multi touch screen are certainly going to have impact on battery life etc. Since its likely made on the cheap as most things are these days i'm sure there will be hardware problems to iron out over a model or two...
you are probably correct, but i need that, i will still upgrade.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

sorry if i missed it but when is the release date for tmobiles hd2?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The question is, if you get a new phone, will you please get the hell out of the TP2 forums?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2