PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLogiK View Post
I agree on the camera but its not the resolution thats the problem, its the quality of it. This pic was taken with HTC diamond which also has a 3 meg cam:

My Touch Pro (original) takes pictures similar to this, it's impressive actually. Got any TP2 pic to compare it with?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
Oh where to start:

Crappy Camera!

Crappy FLASHLESS Camera!

Like most phones now days, they think ROUNDED edges are the "in style" only serves to piss me off...

I truly DO miss a DPad... needs a redesign

Volume buttons not FLUSH or ALMOST flush with the case (hit them ALL the damn time when in landscape mode, also on this note is i truly miss the Moguls scroll wheel which had both scroll AND a button... was freaking awesome!)

No hole for reset button (manually added i have but lame to have to do it is)

The ZOOM bar at the bottom doesn't have more DEFAULT uses (and that the custom uses apps are so hard to find)

Just like most phones now days (sound familiar) the speaker holes for the ear piece are TINY?!?! (seriously retarded)

The stock BT stack (for sprint at least and some others) SUCK SO MUCH, my BT headset apparently doesn't have volume control... (it does... worked fine with Mogul and TouchPro1, also cant connect to my laptop when the other 2 could)

(sprint at least) no color for the buttons... its all white...!

while not really a "hate" merely a dislike, the angle the tilt action stops at is about 5deg off from what id truly like

Like the OP said... MULTITOUCH!!!!!!!!

Heres the kicker: ATI/AMD, Qualcomm, HTC, Sprint (and other carriers) still haven't added proper 2d/3d graphics support... its comparable to highway robbery with the amount we pay for these devices! (if its them being cheap basters and not licensing them or not i dont know all i know is its stupid as hell and the reason i wont buy any more HTC phones unless its a Tegra phone)

Kicker part 2: NO FM RADIO (sprint/cdma at least) i mean seriously retarded... and no web based streaming is NOT an acceptable replacement, battery drain of FM vs CDMA data (and especially at low EvDo signal where i both live and work) is stupidity retarded...

I have a few more... but i think thats it for now... LMFAO!
Sounds like someone should have bought a different phone
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post

My theory- after spending 29 years listening to my mother- is that some people just love to bitch.
+1 to that..
Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
My theory- after spending 29 years listening to my mother- is that some people just love to bitch.
True, but stand-up comedians would not be so entertaining if they came up on stage and just started talking about happy stuff and agreeable things.

Complaining and competition and putting people down, NOW THAT'S FUN!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
also the fact that my sprint version the screen doesn't tilt like the telus version.

Yours doesn't tilt at all or the Telus version tilts differently? Most Sprint TP2 I've seen do tilt..
Old 12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do some people just not research their purchase before plopping down their cash? The op's laundry list is way to long. New devices are exciting,but J.C. man, check it out first. Reviews baby!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Not Microsoft, but HTC. HTC is the one putting in a crappy camera and no flash, not Microsoft. It was HTC who decided consumers don't want a keyboard, not Microsoft.
Actually, it's the carrier. The manufacturer just makes it to their specifications.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Actually, it's the carrier. The manufacturer just makes it to their specifications.

Agreed! In an online forum designed to help people and promote the devices supported, all the OP and naggers can do is come up with a hundred reasons to beeotch about every little thing. NO ONE MADE YOU GUYS BUY YOUR PHONE, so STFU and go buy an iPhone or something.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
No, not true. All of the Touch Pro 2's have the exact same camera, with no flash. It's either a HUGE coincidence that every carrier in the world decided on the exact same specs, or HTC made the device to its own specs and then the carriers tweaked it from there.

I doubt, for example, Verizon told HTC- "Make sure you take out the flash, and put a crappy camera in the Touch Pro 2, but we want a flash and a good camera in the Imagio."

When HTC first demoed these devices in public, way before any carrier had them, way before the devices even had a release date or any carriers confirmed to carry them- the Touch Pro 2 and Diamond 2 had the exact same specs that they have now.

You're fooling yourself if you think it was anything other than HTC deciding consumers don't want a keyboard. Hopefully motorola will set them straight with their consumer Android devices that have keyboards. And I can only hope HTC realizes we want keyboards and not just assume the devices sold well because they were running Android. Even so, I'd be happy to see an Android device with a keyboard from HTC.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Since Bush got elected twice, there are plenty of people in this country that need things a little simpler.

Nice!!!

Used to be so good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2