PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

keunsuk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

I lost my TP. Asurion gave me TP2. It is way faster than TP. Landscape Touch Flo is great. But these are all I can say good about it.

Major PAIN.
No control key and no D-pad.

No D-pad. Were they trying to copy iphone or something? iphone sucks because it has way too few buttons. I cannot live without my D-pad. D-Ball is ok, but not the best. Press and hold.
These are the only reason I have not gone to iphone is the keyboard and D-pad but TP2 failed on both.

Keyboard without a control key is really like eating without utensil. I really miss copy/paste, Ctrl + Up/Down/Right/Left. In SMS app I cannot copy/paste, which I use frequently. What were they smoking while they were picking a keyboard for this phone? WM phone w/ keyboard must have control key.
Also, control Key must be at the lower righthand corner. There are some laptop keyboard makers who deliberately put FN key at the lower right hand corner. They must have not used a laptop in their entire lives.

Minor Pain
Enter key position. Enter key should be placed right of L or '.

SMS key and email key. Sprint.. Please do not waste precious key space for these two stupid keys. These keys should be bound with FN keys, just like internet, comm manager, sym. NO ONE uses SMS and EMAIL keys. They interfere with typing. These are completely wasted keys IMHO.

This phone was a total let down for me.
This phone really force me to change my way of using a phone w/ keyboard in a bad way. I will switch as soon as sprint rolls out a phone w/ 1ghz + Winmo or Android + d-pad and keyboard.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

1. No flash. I used it pretty frequently.
2. Cannot control my BT stereo speaker volume with the phone volume. TP1 you can.
3. Going to 1x data too frequently.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

kyla is a n00b

do anyone hate the f texting takes forever to load, i shoud it not got this phone i miss my touch pro
Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

mnjason is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltz400 View Post
I hate I had to deal with a TP 1 to get here.
My sentiments exactly. I was jumping for joy when my tp1's bluetooth stack broke and Sprint told me they didnt have any "exact replacements" in stock.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work

I don't like that sprint no longer pays for my medical bills from my severly burnt hands from the tp1.

I want my darn flash back for the camera!!!!

I am angry that I am so close to remotely turning on the coffee pot with it, but no success as of yet.

Soft reset in the case.

Power button would be nice on the other side so i quit turning off the screen when I have the keyboard slid out.

The fact it took me 6 months, 8 tp1's, multiple trips to the angry sprint store (they really are a&* nuggets in there) while they text and compete on their games while I am standing there tapping the desk...so they can say sure we will order you a tp2 and then deliver a freaking Treo!!! Twice!!! OMG I am so sorry...alittle resentment there!

The fact I don't know everything about it's capabilities!!!!

Last edited by gtcoffe; 01-13-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcoffe View Post
I am angry that I am so close to remotely turning on the coffee pot with it, but no success as of yet.
I know that's a joke, but in all seriousness you could use x10 modules to control your coffee pot from the Touch Pro 2...
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hate that this phone is so awesome, I keep checking it constantly.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keunsuk View Post
I lost my TP. Asurion gave me TP2. It is way faster than TP. Landscape Touch Flo is great. But these are all I can say good about it.

Major PAIN.
No control key and no D-pad.

No D-pad. Were they trying to copy iphone or something? iphone sucks because it has way too few buttons. I cannot live without my D-pad. D-Ball is ok, but not the best. Press and hold.
These are the only reason I have not gone to iphone is the keyboard and D-pad but TP2 failed on both.

Keyboard without a control key is really like eating without utensil. I really miss copy/paste, Ctrl + Up/Down/Right/Left. In SMS app I cannot copy/paste, which I use frequently. What were they smoking while they were picking a keyboard for this phone? WM phone w/ keyboard must have control key.
Also, control Key must be at the lower righthand corner. There are some laptop keyboard makers who deliberately put FN key at the lower right hand corner. They must have not used a laptop in their entire lives.

Minor Pain
Enter key position. Enter key should be placed right of L or '.

SMS key and email key. Sprint.. Please do not waste precious key space for these two stupid keys. These keys should be bound with FN keys, just like internet, comm manager, sym. NO ONE uses SMS and EMAIL keys. They interfere with typing. These are completely wasted keys IMHO.

This phone was a total let down for me.
This phone really force me to change my way of using a phone w/ keyboard in a bad way. I will switch as soon as sprint rolls out a phone w/ 1ghz + Winmo or Android + d-pad and keyboard.
You do realize there is an easy way to map an unused key on your keyboard to a cntrl button?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2, Epic 4g, Evo Shift

z1adonis is a n00b

It is not necessarily the phone itself that makes me dislike it. It is the manufacturer...HTC. In today's day and age, technology is advancing very rapidly. I am going to go back just a little bit...starting with the 6700/Apache I believe. My concern is not primarily what software we have or don't have although that matters also. My concern is that if you notice the boxes the phones have come in have gotten smaller like the amount of actually product we received with our phones. The one thing that does not change much at all is the price.

Now with the 6700, the accessories that we received with our phones were as follows:

charger
desktop charger
mini usb cable
believe it came with a memory card
case
Infrared
I think it came with headphones

Now the Winmo 5 was not the best and that is not my point here. The phone was about $549 outright.

The 6800/Mogul came with everything that 6700 came with except the desktop charger.

The Touch pro came with everything except the desktop charger and they took away the real dpad and the Infrared.

The TP2 came with everything except, the desktop charger, dpad, Infrared, camera flash, headphones and low and behold the case.

Now the software has had improvements and disappointments in each. The on thing that has not changed much at all is the price. The TP2 is $599 outright. Now I could really be mad if I acutally paid for all of these phones. The only phone that I have paid for somewhat was the 6700. Sprint has given me all the others brand new under warranty. No money out of my pocket. I just wanted you guys to notice what I notice each time Sprint has sent me a newer phone in a samller box. HTC is the ultimate problem.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

hc3cuz is a n00b

Miss the Dpad
No flash
NO ctrl button (even though its a easy fix) it should of came with a ctrl button
camera could be better but i rarely take pics with my phone

but overall im happy with it. Alot better than my TP1

Now if this was a thread about what i hated about the TP1 i would type a 4 page single spaced size 10 font essay on that POS!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2