PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Do some people just not research their purchase before plopping down their cash? The op's laundry list is way to long. New devices are exciting,but J.C. man, check it out first. Reviews baby!
Yeah, I can't believe people are just walking into stores and making these big purchases without thinking. I remember reading up on the Rhodium for many many months before it came out in August.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Yours doesn't tilt at all or the Telus version tilts differently? Most Sprint TP2 I've seen do tilt..
ALL sprint versions tilt

Old 12-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Actually, it's the carrier. The manufacturer just makes it to their specifications.
so sprint tmobile att verizon usc orange and tmobile uk all said lets put the crappy camera....bro htc made the device not these carriers
Old 12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So wait... Since we don't think the device is absolutely perfect that means we obviously didn't know it had flaws before we bought it?
Or we're a bunch of morons for buying a phone that had flaws?

Again, just because this is the best phone on the market does not mean it is absolutely perfect.

Show me another Windows Mobile phone with a tilting screen that has a better camera with flash and a keyboard (or a WinMo phone with a keyboard and tilting sreen with any of this stuff people are complainng about). If you can find a better alternative, then maybe we are a bunch of morons for buying this phone. But if this phone proves to be the only choice, then maybe the morons here are the ones telling everyone they should have bought a different phone.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

None of these were deal breakers for me but:
Flash (most missed feature)
Camera (is tolerable with tweaks)
D-PAD (probably a feature I would want back the least. it would mess with screen real estate. but still, maybe if it were like the LG Expo then we would have something.)
Soft-reset hole (I hardly ever use it, and i'm assuming HTC was confident enough in the stock rom/their software that no one would have to use it, and this is true. I only started needing it when I flashed custom ROMs)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Sounds like some of yall should get a new device. My only complaints are the camera and the cramped buttons at he bottom. The pic quality is a lot worse than the TP, no flash, and no dedicated camera button. The zoom bar is pointless and that space could have been used for bigger buttons. I really miss the layout of the Mogul. If it have a "touch" type screen it'd be pretty perfect hardware wise.

I've seen some people say that the power button is on the side. What model is this? My power button is on the top left if you're facing the phone.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So wait... Since we don't think the device is absolutely perfect that means we obviously didn't know it had flaws before we bought it?
Or we're a bunch of morons for buying a phone that had flaws?

Again, just because this is the best phone on the market does not mean it is absolutely perfect.

Show me another Windows Mobile phone with a tilting screen that has a better camera with flash and a keyboard (or a WinMo phone with a keyboard and tilting sreen with any of this stuff people are complainng about). If you can find a better alternative, then maybe we are a bunch of morons for buying this phone. But if this phone proves to be the only choice, then maybe the morons here are the ones telling everyone they should have bought a different phone.
might not have a tilting screen but the omnia pro is better in alot of prespectives....but i dont see how a tilting screen makes the TP2 so glorious....the camera sucks compared to its previous version....when u bought the phone did u think or kno the camera would be a step back from the Touch Pro?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Instead of a D-pad I want a joystick. They could keep the screen the same size that way.

What are these camera tweaks you guys keep mentioning?

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
Sounds like some of yall should get a new device. My only complaints are the camera and the cramped buttons at he bottom. The pic quality is a lot worse than the TP, no flash, and no dedicated camera button. The zoom bar is pointless and that space could have been used for bigger buttons. I really miss the layout of the Mogul. If it have a "touch" type screen it'd be pretty perfect hardware wise.

I've seen some people say that the power button is on the side. What model is this? My power button is on the top left if you're facing the phone.
i think they mean its on the side when they slide the phone out...so it rests on ur left hand...i havent had an issue with this....

also i do feel i should get a new phone i just wish sprint had a bigger selection or i would have left the TP2 weeks ago....all i can hope for is the omnia 2 or omnia pro or HD2 or the some nice ass android device coming till then im stuck with this....
Old 12-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

scattershot is a n00b

Back to the gaming argument for a sec...

For us old farts who love retro games, the TP2 is amazing. Maybe it doesn't have the latest hot games with amazing graphics, but really, I'd be playing those at home on the Xbox and HDTV instead of a little phone screen anyway. I'll take access to emulators and hundreds of old games over a few stripped-down versions of console games any day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2