PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent View Post
Probably hasn't realized it says successfully sent, but never actually sends.
I'd have to agree with you on this one, unless she started where I left off yesterday and found where to force it into CDMA and to insert the Originator.

Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I'd have to agree with you on this one, unless she started where I left off yesterday and found where to force it into CDMA and to insert the Originator.

Z
Damn........... Indeed, you are correct in that, even though it says that the msg was successfully sent, it never got there.... However, I sent myself a MMS and I actually received it and was able to open it... You know how every carrier has an email of sorts that actually sends picturemail (i.e., if you want to send a person that has Sprint a picturemail, there is the option to send it to: 1234567890@pm.sprint.com)..... it is actually a MMS....

Anyways, I was able to receive the MMS that way, but not able to send..... Darn.....Oh, I mean DAMN...

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
Old 12-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
That's about right, and I haven't forgotten about the Sprint Users, that's why I spent so much time on this yesterday, that and all the snow. Once I finish my first cup of coffee, I'll start on it again today.

Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Have spent some time on this checking out the settings given for the fix and just as everyone else on Sprint, no go!

Flashed back to factory to test and of course, it worked. After doing some digging, I exported the full Arcsoft Registry key to compare to HTC Messaging. One thing I noticed, Arcsoft is using http://mms.sprintpcs.com as the MMS server and using X-MDN in a different reg key. The UA profile and UA are using Sprint settings in the factory and using HTC in HTC messaging. The HTC settings are pointed to a valid website xml file. At the end of the file, it states "Copied from Rhodium-1.0."

So, of course, I reflashed EnergyRom 2.5 21884 12/17 and changed the Arcsoft settings and Jataayu Settings to reflect only the above website for MMS and added the MDN info as it was in Arcsoft on factory. Still no go. I have attached the reg export and the xml file that HTC Messaging is using as the UA. Any ideas???
Why is Sprint being so difficult with us?! I hit the "Thanks" button as I appreciate the hard work trying to get this done...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I am wondering whether or not Verizon or Telus use an online MMS application as does Sprint with their "Picture Mail" website. Every MMS sent from a Sprint phone must first go through their Picture Mail website and then it it in turn delivered to the other parties cell phone. I am thinking it is just an issue of authenticating to Sprint's MMS server so that the messages will go through.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I am wondering whether or not Verizon or Telus use an online MMS application as does Sprint with their "Picture Mail" website. Every MMS sent from a Sprint phone must first go through their Picture Mail website and then it it in turn delivered to the other parties cell phone. I am thinking it is just an issue of authenticating to Sprint's MMS server so that the messages will go through.
I think you are correct because when I would send an MMS to someone it would show up on the pictures.sprintpcs.com website along with every pic that is sent to me.

Ice
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
I believe what it does is post the picture on a web site. Then sends a SMS message to the target with the URL embedded and then the target retreives (pulls) the picture from the web site.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Why is Sprint being so difficult with us?! I hit the "Thanks" button as I appreciate the hard work trying to get this done...
It's really not Sprint's fault, if you refer to Post #124, I explained what is really happening. The reason I keep working on this is not just to help the Sprint users, but just in case VZW decides to stop ignoring the X-VZW-MDN variable.

I know what the problem is, but I can't seem to figure out where the setting to fix it goes. I've tried about everywhere I can think of, so I'm now at a great big brick wall. If anyone that understands where I'm at from reading #124, I can really use the help.

Z
Old 12-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceninja View Post
I think you are correct because when I would send an MMS to someone it would show up on the pictures.sprintpcs.com website along with every pic that is sent to me.

Ice
You are saying if you go to the picture mail site and look at "sent messages" you can see every pic that you tried to send that didn't go through? Not for me...all the ones that have said "sent successfully" do not show up...
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
You are saying if you go to the picture mail site and look at "sent messages" you can see every pic that you tried to send that didn't go through? Not for me...all the ones that have said "sent successfully" do not show up...
No I think he is saying the same...that none of the pictures show up on the website. I can confirm that they are not on the website as well...which is what is leading me to believe we have the right stuff for CDMA to send (hence the reason it send successfully), just not the right authentication for Sprint to accept the message. I am very interested in the IsInsertTokenAddressEnable value though. I have been trying different variations all morning but nothing so far...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
No I think he is saying the same...that none of the pictures show up on the website. I can confirm that they are not on the website as well...which is what is leading me to believe we have the right stuff for CDMA to send (hence the reason it send successfully), just not the right authentication for Sprint to accept the message. I am very interested in the IsInsertTokenAddressEnable value though. I have been trying different variations all morning but nothing so far...
Thanks Chris for the help,

Everywhere I've tried the following keys, both 0 and 1 for the value:
"GSMorCDMA"=dword:00000001
"MDNorMIN"=dword:00000000
"MDNPrefix"="+1"
"IsInsertAddressTokenEnable"=dword:00000000

All under HKLM:
SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\USER
SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles
SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP
SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\OEM
SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging