PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizon

sonificator is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Here is how I was FINALLY able to get VZW MMS working on the latest 21885

1) Installed: MMS Fix (M2.5) (Verizon) (Valkyrie).cab

2) Changed server to: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=<your ten-digit phone number>

3) Changed WAP to "none" !!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

kawfeegod is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonificator View Post

2) Changed server to: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=<your ten-digit phone number>

This is what has worked for me, now on two different ROMs. The first Juicy R5 and now MM War 12/19. Gotta love it.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

kawfeegod is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Anyone else notice the url is much different than what we've been working with so far? Seems to make sense if I'm reading it correctly....

The %CDMA_ROM_VERSION% is interesting. It looks like it is looking for a variable or something from the phone. Hmmm......
Old 12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thanks Ziggy, be very interested in what you find.

How can you debug Sprint if you are on Verizon though?
Because I can still look at the raw data sent.

What's happening is that the messaging client is inserting the 'insert address token', in other words, it's expecting that the MMSC will insert the Originator address, your phone number. However, most CDMA carriers are expecting that the client inserts the Originator address. We have found the override for VZW and USC, but Sprint has obviously changed their server in the last 6 months, because what I had found was a fix dated 6 months ago stating that X-SPRINT-MDN should work.

I have found the registry key that should fix it, but haven't figured out where it should go. The registry key is IsInsertAddressTokenEnable, my guess is that it's a dword, and should be a zero. It's in the mms.dll file, located near a registry reference to Software\%s\MMS\OEM, which there are two of those, since %s should be a string and could either be 'Jataayu' or "Jataayu\Messaging" and are under HKLM.

There are other keys of interest in the messaging.dll:
CDMAOperatorName close to Software\OEM\RIL
ActiveProfileCDMA we already know of this one
CDMAUnreadCount should be under HKLM\\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MsgCount

In MessagingService.dll:
CDMASendOptionsErrorFlag

In mms.dll:
CDMAHeaders
GSMorCDMA
MDNorMIN
MDNPrefix

If you turn on logging, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP, then when you send a message with WAP=NONE, there should be a send.dat and a recv.dat created under the \ErrorRep directory on the phone. If you look at the send.dat file, should be around position 18, assuming you delete all the text at the top, there is a 0x89, start of the From: field, then it's length, which is currently 0x01, and then 0x81, Insert Address Token, 0x97, start To: field, then the destination number.

If we can get the Jataayu client to insert the MDN instead of the insert address token, then we should see two phone numbers here. The other thing we need is to get the phone into 'true' CDMA mode for the MMS client, which we can not do yet until we figure out where to put the GSMorCDMA key. I deleted all references to GSM and set the MMSPreferredNetwork and SMSPreferredNetwork to 1 (0=Choose, 1=CDMA, 2=GSM), and renamed the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\GSM to CDMA. This should set it in CDMA mode, but if you go into MMS servers, there is no default server and receive doesn't work, but send does, since MMSPreferedNetwork is 1, I assume now this is for send only.

Sorry for such a long reply to a simple question, just wanted everyone to know the 'fun' I've been having. I don't plan on working on this any longer today, spent over three hours for five of us to dig our driveway out from the 18+ inches of snow, and I'm tired.

Everyone feel free to start experimenting from where I've left off, just make sure you make a backup of the registry prior to starting, someone forgot to do this and had to do a hard reset this morning, he'll remain nameless, but was punished with shoveling snow for three hours. lol

Z
Old 12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
NO !! I was just sharing my progress and discoveries. Which I believe ziggy is well aware of.

It does "send" with no error. But I have no idea if it really went since I have no known working receiver.

Folks saying "it works for me" on verizon at this point is not helpful because that appears to be a no brainer for verizon folks now.

I'm waiting for ziggy to finish his morning coffee.
Sorry, after three cups, then three hours of shoveling snow, then 2 cups of hot chocolate, then a trip to the mall, and then lunch, I'M TIRED.

I promise that I'll start again tomorrow, maybe this evening, if I don't have a Guilty Verdict drink, then again that might help, if you don't know what that is just Google it. I did leave a very detailed post as to where I left off at 6:30am, someone else can take over for now. I'll check back before starting again.

Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Forget the mms issue, what's a Guilty Verdict? lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Sorry, after three cups, then three hours of shoveling snow, then 2 cups of hot chocolate, then a trip to the mall, and then lunch, I'M TIRED.

I promise that I'll start again tomorrow, maybe this evening, if I don't have a Guilty Verdict drink, then again that might help, if you don't know what that is just Google it. I did leave a very detailed post as to where I left off at 6:30am, someone else can take over for now. I'll check back before starting again.

Z
Old 12-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
But I notice that when I send something larger than 300k it still warns me it's over 300K even though I set everything 1024K.
Try changing "MaxMediaSize"=dword:0000012c to something larger like 0x400 (1024). That's what holding you back.

EDIT: It's under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging

Z
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Forget the mms issue, what's a Guilty Verdict? lmao
151 and OJ, the bartender that invented it said that if OJ had that much proof on him.......

Z
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonificator View Post

So do we need to do step 1 or not? I have seen conflicting posts where people just changed the server and wap to none

Can anyone confirm? Jmorton, what did you do?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
So do we need to do step 1 or not? I have seen conflicting posts where people just changed the server and wap to none

Can anyone confirm? Jmorton, what did you do?
I've done it both ways, and it works. So save yourself the work and don't install the Valkyrie cab.

Z

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2