PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

chopsxxx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I've spent about 6 hours now trying changes in the registry to enable the CDMAHeaders for this version of the Jataayu MMS Client, but to no avail. I know that I have the correct names for the Keys, found them in the mms.dll using a hex editor, but just can't seem to find under which key they go.

The keys that we need are:
CDMAHeaders="X-VZW-MDN" or appropriate for your carrier
"MDNorMIN"=dword:00000000
"GPRSorCDMA"=dword:00000000

The only reference I can find is that these need to be under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP, but that doesn't seem to work.

You also need to enable CDMA instead of GSM:
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles
"ActiveProfileCDMA"="000"

HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\Network
"MMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000001 (0-Pick GSM or CDMA, 1-CDMA, 2-GSM)
"SMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000001 (0-Pick GSM or CDMA, 1-CDMA, 2-GSM)

I know I'm missing something, but I need to quite for a while, need to start shoveling snow, I'm way behind. At least this might be a start for someone else to try.

Z
Under PredefinedPort try Sprint = 80 (or whatever your data connection for sprint is called, used elsewhere in the MMS regkeys)
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
Under PredefinedPort try Sprint = 80 (or whatever your data connection for sprint is called, used elsewhere in the MMS regkeys)
I've already tried this on VZW, but still need the X-VZW-MDN in the server URL. The messaging client is still not filling in the From field (0x89), it just sticks a 0x01 right after it, then the 0x81, BCC, and finally 0x97, To, which it fills out. If you look at what is returned from the MMS server, it replies with Originator not Found. With VZW and USC, you can override this by passing the MDN in the URL Post, with Sprint, this doesn't work. For Telus, I guess that they are ignoring the value and going off of the connection, which I think makes more sense anyway.

EDIT: Just found some clarification as to what's happening.
The encoding mechanism works like this:
From-value = [0x01 or VALUE-length] [0x80 or 0x81] [Optional: Encoded-String-Value]
If we have 0x80 we have an encoded-string-value (0x80 is part of that string).
If we have 0x81 this is a insert-adress-token which means that the MMSC is supposed
to insert it, which means that we can't retrieve the sender.

In other words, VZW, Sprint, and USC, will not insert the sender, but Telus supports it.
Guess if I would have read the entire thing, I would not have mistaken the insert-address-token
for the BCC field.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 12-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Just found a possible key from looking at the mms.dll.

IsInsertAddressTokenEnable

This might fix the problem, now just to figure out where it belongs.

Z
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work

Can't get this to work on EnergyROM. I am going to try and get the provisioning off MightyROM and try it on Energy and see if that helps, will update with the results.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Can't get this to work on EnergyROM. I am going to try and get the provisioning off MightyROM and try it on Energy and see if that helps, will update with the results.
The provisioning won't help, I just copied his values into the appropriate keys for Jataayu.

Z
Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
I would double/triple check everything settings wise.

It is working perfectly for me using Juicy & Verizon. If it works with Juicy's ROM, I would think the same setup would work with NRG also. Generally, I have found these ROM's are similar enough that if something works in one the chances are good it will work in the other the same way.

If I get time later, I may flash to NRG & try it myself just to see what happens.

~John
Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

richgetsy is becoming a great contributor

I'm running NRG EnergyROM on Verizon, I ran Valkyrie 2.5 MMS fix and adjusted the mms settings. Not working for me. Can someone who has this working list all the changes they made.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From what I just read in this thread, which was from start to finish, do not install Valkyrie cab or Arcsoft, make the necessary mms changes and you (Verizon users) are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgetsy View Post
I'm running NRG EnergyROM on Verizon, I ran Valkyrie 2.5 MMS fix and adjusted the mms settings. Not working for me. Can someone who has this working list all the changes they made.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Flashing to MM Impact 2.5 and will be able to test, validate, and assist in resolving this issue for Sprint users like myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Just found a possible key from looking at the mms.dll.

IsInsertAddressTokenEnable

This might fix the problem, now just to figure out where it belongs.

Z
Old 12-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
From what I just read in this thread, which was from start to finish, do not install Valkyrie cab or Arcsoft, make the necessary mms changes and you (Verizon users) are good to go.
That's about right, and I haven't forgotten about the Sprint Users, that's why I spent so much time on this yesterday, that and all the snow. Once I finish my first cup of coffee, I'll start on it again today.

Z
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2