PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

I am on Sprint also runnng Juicy R6 build, so I installed the HTC Messaging cab and all those registry seting was already incorporated so I basically had nothing to change.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Okay, did some checking. When the settings are using WAP2.0 or WAP1.2, the MMS goes to 12.120.18.205 or 12 .120.62.205 and I get unable to send message. IP comes up belonging to AT&T.

Change WAP2.0 to none, the MMS goes to 63.215.195,152 and I get message sent succesfully message but no message. IP comes up as mms.sprintpcs.com.

Does anyone know anybody with a Hero? Hero is using 2.5 and should have the right settings.

Keeping the fight going
Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

DZF is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I've attached my working reg settings. I have both CDMA and GSM servers setup in there and it will prompt you for either CDMA or GSM, just because I could. If you want to change that back, change the MMSPrefered network to 1.

You will need to edit the file and replace the 'REPLACEME' with your phone number. I also have it deleting the entire HKLM\Softeare\Jataayu key prior to importing.

Now I am running MM War (12/16) without adding any of the Valkyrie cabs this time, and it's working for me.

Z

EDIT: Disregard my test keys under SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging, I was just trying to test a few keys I found in mms.dll. Unfortunately, they don't work.
Oh ok then... so I need to manually go and edit the registry keys or can I just import the file into the registry via Resco Registry Edit import action?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
You also need to set:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles
"ActiveProfileCDMA"="000" - This can be the same as GSM or you can create another profile

Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
what reg key?
did you do this under samplemmsc or sprint? how do I select sprint?
this is the only reg edit i made what ziggy is talking about...

i get fine data connection with any program, with my connections set to my isp.

i have to use the regular messanger to send the pic and yes it does send it, it the htc messagingt client the says it sent OK but is never recieved by the other party.

yes it really doent matter if ther is an ip address it sends with or without.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Okay, did some checking. When the settings are using WAP2.0 or WAP1.2, the MMS goes to 12.120.18.205 or 12 .120.62.205 and I get unable to send message. IP comes up belonging to AT&T.

Change WAP2.0 to none, the MMS goes to 63.215.195,152 and I get message sent succesfully message but no message. IP comes up as mms.sprintpcs.com.

Does anyone know anybody with a Hero? Hero is using 2.5 and should have the right settings.

Keeping the fight going
It sounds like this is the core issue. That Sprint requires WAP and the WAP is "HardCoded" or something to use AT&T (or GSM). I wonder if we could find that IP AT&T address with a hex editor in one the binaries. And perhaps patch it. I don't see that ip address in the registry nor anything in attwireless domain. It's gotta be somewhere.

Oops. I forgot I cleaned out all other providers to minmize confusion over what the tools were using. I forget if AT&T was in the list of providers. What if someone were to edit the AT&T MMS provider with Sprint IP and URLs (and leave it on WAP).

Just a thought.

I need to reflash my phone to get back what I cleaned out.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Just a shot in the dark here, but has anyone tried https://mms.sprintpcs.com for server address?

EDIT: Just tried it on Standard Arcsoft and it did not work.

Also..I sent myself an mms and then noticed that the picture is hosted at http://pictures.sprintpcs.com and pinged the ip showing it is [63.215.195.128] which is a little different than above. May be nothing at all but if someone has more insight and wants to dig further on that feel free.

Last edited by chris1683; 12-23-2009 at 06:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kyle13um is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle13um View Post
First and foremost, thank you Ziggy for getting this problem fixed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get MMS to send at all. I get a long delay and then a failed to send message. I'm on Verizon with a fresh MM Impact flash and I ran the MM Verizon Provisioning. I've tried both with and without the Valkyrie cab. Here are the settings I'm using in MMS Server settings. (All messages -> Menu -> Settings -> Options -> Menu -> MMS Server)

Server Name: VZW
IP Address: Blank
Port Number: 80 (changed from 8080)
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/MMS?X-VZW-MDN=40XXXXXXXX
Connect via: Verizon Wireless (other options are "My Work Network", "My ISP", and "Work")
Send Limit: 1024 KB
WAP version: None

Are there other changes I'm supposed to make? Thank you everyone in advance for any help.

-Kyle
Verizon noobs like me that are still having problems, this is how I got mine working. Thank you Ziggy, and everyone else working hard on this.

Okay, I am up and running now.

1. Made server changes as recommended by Ziggy on Page 7 of this thread (this is probably unnecessary as the following registry changes I made seem to do this same thing).

2. Downloaded Ziggy's registry .txt file (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...101286&page=20, Post #196)

3. Added my phone number to "Replace Me" sections in .txt using notepad

4. Saved file as .reg instead of .txt and transfered it to SD Card

5. Imported .reg using Resco Explorer

6. Soft reset, and it worked!!

Thank you everyone!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular

DZF is a n00b

how did you import it using rescoe?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Okay, one thing that we can rule out for sure is that Sprint is NOT being used to connect when sending to their server as shown from the Original settings in Arcsoft. I also saw a few points of interest within the ConnMgr registry entry about what settings point to and from the "Internet" connection regarding HTC Messaging. I will do some more troubleshooting on this....

Thanks are always appreciated!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
DZF
PPCGeeks Regular

DZF is a n00b

in your registry file download... is it suppose to be vzzw or vzw?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2