View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
ziggy471
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsxxx View Post
Under PredefinedPort try Sprint = 80 (or whatever your data connection for sprint is called, used elsewhere in the MMS regkeys)
I've already tried this on VZW, but still need the X-VZW-MDN in the server URL. The messaging client is still not filling in the From field (0x89), it just sticks a 0x01 right after it, then the 0x81, BCC, and finally 0x97, To, which it fills out. If you look at what is returned from the MMS server, it replies with Originator not Found. With VZW and USC, you can override this by passing the MDN in the URL Post, with Sprint, this doesn't work. For Telus, I guess that they are ignoring the value and going off of the connection, which I think makes more sense anyway.

EDIT: Just found some clarification as to what's happening.
The encoding mechanism works like this:
From-value = [0x01 or VALUE-length] [0x80 or 0x81] [Optional: Encoded-String-Value]
If we have 0x80 we have an encoded-string-value (0x80 is part of that string).
If we have 0x81 this is a insert-adress-token which means that the MMSC is supposed
to insert it, which means that we can't retrieve the sender.

In other words, VZW, Sprint, and USC, will not insert the sender, but Telus supports it.
Guess if I would have read the entire thing, I would not have mistaken the insert-address-token
for the BCC field.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 12-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.