PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nsinsinsi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC
I installed this on my phone because I was looking for the exact same thing in the locking fashion (this is default behavior on the 700p). It worked for the first two days, and now when I hit the power key it doesn't lock the phone; the program says it's running but it doesn't lock. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?
On mine it will start working at random. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes a day. Once it starts working, it works, somewhat. I don't care anymore though, I've decided to go back to PalmOS after 25 days of WM6 hell.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy
OnLock - works as requested - It is all I use, and literaly the second thing I install (after TotalCommander).

Low memory footprint.

Install, run OnlockPrefs from programs, check start on boot, activate.

Now when you press the power button you are locked! except when a call comes in you can answer it.

And when you tapit again you get a quick easy, yet pretty sure two tap lock system.
This application is PERFECT for what I am looking for. Unfortunately it does not work. When I first installed it, it did absolutely nothing. I reinstalled and it worked great! After locking and unlocking my phone about 20 times or so, it no longer functioned again.

Sucks it's not reliable. I was hoping to use it all the time

Any alternatives?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
for me, on my 6700, it is solid as a rock. are you sure it is running, and in your startup folder?

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 08-18-2007, 10:00 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
After a week of trying onlock proved to be buggy on all fronts, I think this is simply a WM6 issue as this worked very well on my 6700. I hope there is an update for this program in the future, this is exactly what I want from a device lock.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Lurker

smiwin is a n00b
Device Lock/Unlock - IS IT REALLY THIS DIFFICULT!!!

OMG!!! SOMEONE SOLVE THIS ALREADY!

This is a simple funciton! No workarounds, no exceptions, no standing on one foot and rubbing your belly to UNLOCK!

Let me premiss this by saying, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING OUT THERE! (Slide2Unlock was closest, but still way buggy)

I thought I had a fix. I use AE Button so I have full control over my buttons and what they do. Awesome program(get the latest version). I installed DeviceLock, set DeviceLock to start from wakeup, set END button to turn power off device if hit twice, set power and display settings to turn off after certain time. Tested it, worked good. Minor hitch: when woken it won't power off until "Power" control panel utility does its thing, set to 2 minutes... if phone locked then it should turn off if not unlocked after 5 or 10 seconds. I can live with this hitch.

So, solution found? HELL NO! I get a phone call and my phone is automatically unlocked but I can't use it... frozen.

I am grateful to iPhone for one reason... phone manufacturers and window mobile will finally have to pull their heads out of the arses to compete.

I will donate $100 to a pool for a working solution and open source code, anyone else?

Last edited by smiwin; 11-08-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Lurker

dannimal is a n00b
On my Mogul, Settings->System Tab->Key Lock has the following 3 options:

When device is off:

- Lock all buttons except Power button (what I have it set to)
- Lock buttons if device is locked
- Do not lock buttons

I assumed this was a standard control panel, and not something installed after I got it (because I didn't consciously install just this piece). It's possible that it's part of the Messaging Security and Feature Pack [MSFP] for WM5/6, which I had to "accept" when I did my first sync to our Exchange server (although it's not mentioned anywhere in the docs for MSFP).

Anyway, when I hit the power button, it goes off and the only button that still works is power.

It does look like a standard thing, or at least it's explained as such in this review:

http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...-mogul-by-htc/

I'm not sure how this hasn't been mentioned yet.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

therussman2002 is a n00b
I think the need here is to "lock on wake" in addition, because my power button can get hit easily by the standard case while in my pocket... That's how I end up making random phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannimal View Post
On my Mogul, Settings->System Tab->Key Lock has the following 3 options:

When device is off:

- Lock all buttons except Power button (what I have it set to)
- Lock buttons if device is locked
- Do not lock buttons

I assumed this was a standard control panel, and not something installed after I got it (because I didn't consciously install just this piece). It's possible that it's part of the Messaging Security and Feature Pack [MSFP] for WM5/6, which I had to "accept" when I did my first sync to our Exchange server (although it's not mentioned anywhere in the docs for MSFP).

Anyway, when I hit the power button, it goes off and the only button that still works is power.

It does look like a standard thing, or at least it's explained as such in this review:

http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...-mogul-by-htc/

I'm not sure how this hasn't been mentioned yet.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiwin View Post
OMG!!! SOMEONE SOLVE THIS ALREADY!

This is a simple funciton! No workarounds, no exceptions, no standing on one foot and rubbing your belly to UNLOCK!

Let me premiss this by saying, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING OUT THERE! (Slide2Unlock was closest, but still way buggy)

I thought I had a fix. I use AE Button so I have full control over my buttons and what they do. Awesome program(get the latest version). I installed DeviceLock, set DeviceLock to start from wakeup, set END button to turn power off device if hit twice, set power and display settings to turn off after certain time. Tested it, worked good. Minor hitch: when woken it won't power off until "Power" control panel utility does its thing, set to 2 minutes... if phone locked then it should turn off if not unlocked after 5 or 10 seconds. I can live with this hitch.

So, solution found? HELL NO! I get a phone call and my phone is automatically unlocked but I can't use it... frozen.

I am grateful to iPhone for one reason... phone manufacturers and window mobile will finally have to pull their heads out of the arses to compete.

I will donate $100 to a pool for a working solution and open source code, anyone else?
That's odd. I use DeviceLock as well and have my end button set to run DeviceLock and power off my device upon a double-press. When I get a call and answer it, my phone does not unlock (just tested it to make sure).
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You need to use S2U2 (Slide to Unlock 2...) it's fully native, works very well, and is rock solid. Uses far less memory now too. Running it on a WM6 6700, should be similar to a mogul.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Lurker

dannimal is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by therussman2002 View Post
I think the need here is to "lock on wake" in addition, because my power button can get hit easily by the standard case while in my pocket... That's how I end up making random phone calls.
That's where I'm sure the MSFP comes in. It forces you to set a time after which is "auto-locks" (regardless of on/off state), so if I hit power it locks all but the power button, then X minutes later the device lock comes on so if I hit the power button it's still locked.

I've never had a problem with turning it on in my pocket, my problem is remembering to turn it OFF before I put it there.

Unfortunately, I think that MSFP is only an option if using Exchange AND the Exchange admins mandate it be used. Since I never used my Mogul without it, I don't know if Settings->Persona->Lock works the same way without it. When I open that, I key in my password and then can check a box to "prompt if device unused for" and a pulldown for time. So the combo of Key Lock and setting "prompt if device unused for" to 1 minute would probably solve almost all the problems (if Lock is there on a non-MSFP device).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan