PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
N00b

nsinsinsi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More functional device locking

I searched and read through the forums, and I still didn't find a good answer, so here goes:

I am sick of my Mogul making phone calls by itself while it is in its holster. I really need a device lock program that actually helps me simplify the Mogul experience rather than complicating it further.

The only thing that would make sense would be for the phone to lock itself whenever the power button is used to turn off the device, like PalmOS Treos do. It's the least intrusive, smartest approach to device locking. I honestly cannot believe this isn't built into WM6, but I digress.

I haven't found anything that will behave this way on the Mogul. Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas how to implement this? Please share.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for argument's sake, these are my thoughts on the tools I've found by searching:

HTC device lock: ridiculously stupid in principle. You have to go to the today screen and hit a small icon with your thumb. It's anti-user interface.

Slide2Unlock: For a locking program, it's too much of a memory hog, unstable, slow and heavy. I don't care to imitate the iPhone, and the Mogul is pretty flaky as it is without it. This is not an option for me (no offense to the developer, it's just not what I'm looking for)

Device Lock by Matt from XDA: this is almost what I need but it lacks the vital feature of working automatically when powering the device down, as far as I can tell. The only way to use it with any degree of sense is by assigning it to a hard button, which means that I have to press two buttons to turn off the phone: the device lock button, and the power button, and that's just stupid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan