Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
dannimal
Lurker

dannimal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by therussman2002 View Post
I think the need here is to "lock on wake" in addition, because my power button can get hit easily by the standard case while in my pocket... That's how I end up making random phone calls.
That's where I'm sure the MSFP comes in. It forces you to set a time after which is "auto-locks" (regardless of on/off state), so if I hit power it locks all but the power button, then X minutes later the device lock comes on so if I hit the power button it's still locked.

I've never had a problem with turning it on in my pocket, my problem is remembering to turn it OFF before I put it there.

Unfortunately, I think that MSFP is only an option if using Exchange AND the Exchange admins mandate it be used. Since I never used my Mogul without it, I don't know if Settings->Persona->Lock works the same way without it. When I open that, I key in my password and then can check a box to "prompt if device unused for" and a pulldown for time. So the combo of Key Lock and setting "prompt if device unused for" to 1 minute would probably solve almost all the problems (if Lock is there on a non-MSFP device).