PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker

paragoat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Apply the posted fix to the stock rom. Reposted below in different format for newbie users.

For Valhalla:
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode = 2
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEAddress = 5C8BC6D8
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEPort = 8889

For HTC/SUPL AGPS:
HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS\EnableAGPS = 1
HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS\GPSMode = 4
HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS\ServerIP = 216.198.139.92
HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS\ServerPort = 8889

Thanks for the information, still not working!

Is there a simple application for testing the gps? I am using Google Maps and I am thinking that it must not be the best application to test the GPS.

Google Maps, seems to tell me that "Your GPS is having trouble tracking GPS satellites" I will try it outdoors to see if I can get a good track, but I have a feeling there is still something I am missing. Before 3/17 Google maps worked perfectly inside the house.

Thanks again
Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragoat View Post
Thanks for the information, still not working!

Is there a simple application for testing the gps? I am using Google Maps and I am thinking that it must not be the best application to test the GPS.

Google Maps, seems to tell me that "Your GPS is having trouble tracking GPS satellites" I will try it outdoors to see if I can get a good track, but I have a feeling there is still something I am missing. Before 3/17 Google maps worked perfectly inside the house.

Thanks again
Go here to download HTC GPS tool. You should download QuickGPS if you aren't using it already.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

noelk01469 is a n00b

I had aGPS working for months with MR1. Upgraded to MR2 and tried some custom roms and haven't got it working since (ver*zon). I've tried editing the IP address using the Qaulcom software and everything. I've even switched out phones by calling ver*zon and telling them the screen was loose (which it was).

I wish I could get GPS working...
Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelk01469 View Post
I had aGPS working for months with MR1. Upgraded to MR2 and tried some custom roms and haven't got it working since (ver*zon). I've tried editing the IP address using the Qaulcom software and everything. I've even switched out phones by calling ver*zon and telling them the screen was loose (which it was).

I wish I could get GPS working...
Run everything in my signature from microsd (Nue 2.47 then 3.42.50 radio then DCD 3.2.6 then run aGPS fix from GC with Telus) and let me know what is going on in HTC GPS.

PM me if you want me to help you outside the thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
I think that we were best served with the VZW IP as it was on the same towers.
Hopefully we can get VZW aGPS back for this reason, but it is not all too bad with Telus.
Amen! Either the Verizon EVDO data connection has gone to ****... which it may have... or this Telus method uses a lot more data transfer. Google Maps and Live Search have trouble keeping up with the map refreshes as I drive and the maps lurch now whereas everything was smooth a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Amen! Either the Verizon EVDO data connection has gone to ****... which it may have... or this Telus method uses a lot more data transfer. Google Maps and Live Search have trouble keeping up with the map refreshes as I drive and the maps lurch now whereas everything was smooth a couple weeks ago.
To be completely honest, I think that Verizon changed their rental agreements for their towers. My thought (please someone correct me if I am wrong, I would love to know the truth) is that previous to Alltel merger, Verizon was paying Sprint and ATT in areas where Verizon did not have towers of their own. When they picked up Alltel they renegotiated these rentals and used the towers and/or technology that Alltel was using.

I think it is worse from Day one of this merger, and have five new dead zones on the way home that were not there for the past seven years prior to this merger. I would love to think that service would get better when this happened but I am inclined to believe that they have found a way to get "comparable coverage" for a cheaper price. Where is the nerdy guy with the mob of Verizon techs now.... I think they changed to Sprint.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 WM6.1
Carrier: verizon

tmanner is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
Zedoinc, haven't you seen the info on xda or around here at PPCGeeks? The telus settings for aGPS works. Just follow the Valhalla hack (google it if you don't know where it is) and put these numbers in:

For Valhalla:
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode = 2
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEAddress = 5C8BC6D8
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEPort = 8889

For HTC/SUPL AGPS:
EnableAGPS = 1
GPSMode = 4
ServerIP = 216.198.139.92
ServerPort = 8889

There may be more information around if you need more help, but this thread here should get you on the right track.

worked perfect for me, back to getting a lock in under 5 seconds. THANKS!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Lurker

paragoat is a n00b

It turns out that I was ok and everything worked once I moved away from where I lived and switched from wi-fi to EVDO. Minimum of 5 sats, all GPS applications worked great.

What is really weird and i cant explain is now that i am back at my house where i had no GPS on Google maps or htc gps tools before i am getting 5 sats indoors and no GPS errors from Google maps. GPS today is working perfectly also.

WOW, thanks to everyone for there help with this issue.

Now i need to pick a GPS map application that will work with the phone and does not require a data connection for the time that i am out of cell phone range.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tomtom 7.915 with USA+Canada maps 825.2159 is the way to go, look around and you can find a long-term trial version It runs smoother than previous versions.

If you must have free, there are really no alternatives IMHO that are good if you don't have data connex. PM me if you have any questions hint hint
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

noelk01469 is a n00b

Thank You Thank You, the new IP for Valhalla fixed my GPS issue.

Thanks Again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan