View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
joshkeller77
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Amen! Either the Verizon EVDO data connection has gone to ****... which it may have... or this Telus method uses a lot more data transfer. Google Maps and Live Search have trouble keeping up with the map refreshes as I drive and the maps lurch now whereas everything was smooth a couple weeks ago.
To be completely honest, I think that Verizon changed their rental agreements for their towers. My thought (please someone correct me if I am wrong, I would love to know the truth) is that previous to Alltel merger, Verizon was paying Sprint and ATT in areas where Verizon did not have towers of their own. When they picked up Alltel they renegotiated these rentals and used the towers and/or technology that Alltel was using.

I think it is worse from Day one of this merger, and have five new dead zones on the way home that were not there for the past seven years prior to this merger. I would love to think that service would get better when this happened but I am inclined to believe that they have found a way to get "comparable coverage" for a cheaper price. Where is the nerdy guy with the mob of Verizon techs now.... I think they changed to Sprint.