PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen
Re: $$#$#@

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
thats why he said he is tired of paying 50 bucks for a new one...That is the deductible when you have an insurance claim.
He must be doing something wrong then. I had the same thing happen with my first Mogul, and they replaced it free of charge and actually gave me a new one. Then that new one, I think I dropped once (didn't do any visible damage) but screwed up the camera to where it would have a line of dead pixels in the shot. Replaced that one for free too, but they gave me a refurb, which I still have.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colk View Post
I have roughly the same issue mine will start losing sync with the pc if I move it so much as a inch
thats because the pins are not touching the usb connectors right het a little needle or something small and where you plug in your usb cord at you will see i think its like 5 or 6 little pins slide what ever your useing under each one of them and push them up cause sometimes they get bent and one of them wont touch the usb connecters this helped me i read this in an other post but dont remember where >>>>>>
Old 11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

be moar carful... 1 usb might be htc, 3 may very well be you.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I am still on my first 6800 from alltel / i had 2 xbm due to BT issues till i fig out it was alltel's rom that had the issue. kept my first 6800 the whole time. not a single issue.

Shell
Old 11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Vinny is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
thats because the pins are not touching the usb connectors right het a little needle or something small and where you plug in your usb cord at you will see i think its like 5 or 6 little pins slide what ever your useing under each one of them and push them up cause sometimes they get bent and one of them wont touch the usb connecters this helped me i read this in an other post but dont remember where >>>>>>
I had to do this as well.... still I agree with the parent poster... the build quality is crap... just look at the number of people having the same problems... usb.. keyboard... white spots... Sprint or HTC should be willing to replace these defective devices even if they are out of warranty or not insured without cost to the user.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the build quality is crap... .
It is no better on the new Touch Pro. My boss bought one last week & in his words "it was the biggest POS I've ever owned"

He has returned it & decided to wait for the next big hardware update. The brand new TP had the absolute worst phone audio quality that I've ever heard on aany cell phone to date & the case was literally falling apart two days after he got it.

~John
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I had to do this as well.... still I agree with the parent poster... the build quality is crap... just look at the number of people having the same problems... usb.. keyboard... white spots... Sprint or HTC should be willing to replace these defective devices even if they are out of warranty or not insured without cost to the user.
Vinny when you are CEO of sprint you can do that, It would not make good business sense to do that out of manuf warranty. and how can you say what has been caused by abuse and what has not? would stand to lose alot of money over that.

John what does your boss do? that this does not meet his standards? and wants to wait for the next big hard ware update?

Shell
Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I had my 6700 killed by a Lego, took it in to the store. They told me that I have insurance and gave me a new 6800 no cost. I had my 6800 get stuck in the boot loader mode when my son unplugged it while updating, tried pulling the battery, soft and hard rest nothing worked, again they gave me a new phone. We moved to a new state, and my USB connector pulled out, I took it to Sprint, told the guy what happened and he threw an Asurion card at me and told me to call them he is too busy to look at it. Strange thing was, I stopped by a non service Sprint store and they ordered me a new 6800 by just looking at the USB connector. It is just weird at how different some stores are compared to others.

The only phone I had to pay $50 for was when I lost one, the thing that sucked was I found it when we cleaned the garage out, but by then it was too late.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Im on the first 68 and had it for some time now. No issues what so ever. I had a few 67s also but that wasnt because there was anything wrong with them. I just got them for cheap and played with them. When ppl say they have had X amount of one type of unit I cant help but wonder what they are doing to them to have that many.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
John what does your boss do? that this does not meet his standards? and wants to wait for the next big hard ware update?
He is a network administrator (so am I, but he's been there longer than me). I'm not sure what that has to do with it however, it's not that his standards are super high or unreasonable. He just wants his brand new/expensive phone to work as it's supposed to right from the box.

He does make a ton of cell calls & sometimes the ambient noise is rather high in the area & he was pretty upset that his secretary's $19 flip-phone was a FAR superior device for talking on. That, & the fact that the KB didn't work right & the case was misaligned & coming apart really sent him into a rage.....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan