PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $$#$#@

I got the $7 insurance too. I have had my mogul replaced 3 times.
1st-wouldnt connect to active sync
2nd-broke screen all drunk by dropping it on pavement
3rd-broke screen sometime at work

Never paid $50 copay. Last time I called sprint instead of goin to the store and they tried to transfer me to asurion but then you have to pay the $50. Only time you really have to go through asurion is for lost or water damaged phones. Says so right in your contract for the $7 a month insurance. Thing about it is sprint dont want to send you the phone so they try and pawn it off on asurion.
If they question it then just say **** why am I paying $7 a month and not $4 if I still gotta pay $50. I told them if I have to pay $50 Im saying I lost it and smashing it right now. No good for parts now.

Actually 4
I got the last one and it had a sort of messed up screen and they sent me another with the same problem. So I finagled an early upgrade to the touch pro at a really good price.
I give it about a month before the pro is all broken and **** and Im calling to get it replaced for free.

Last edited by reeg420; 11-05-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Im on the first 68 and had it for some time now. No issues what so ever. I had a few 67s also but that wasnt because there was anything wrong with them. I just got them for cheap and played with them. When ppl say they have had X amount of one type of unit I cant help but wonder what they are doing to them to have that many.
You just haven't been around the 6800 enough. I had 1 67 for almost 2 years. Now I've had 6 Moguls in 10 months. Once the unit has over heated and the user turns it in for a replacement, the unit is "fixed" for what ever problem was described, and shipped back out. The new recipient now just has to sit back and wait for the other problems that are bound to follow. Its like if you put bread in the oven, you can't 'unburn' it after its been in there too long.

Its all down hill after your first Mogul refurb.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Im on the first 68 and had it for some time now. No issues what so ever. I had a few 67s also but that wasnt because there was anything wrong with them. I just got them for cheap and played with them. When ppl say they have had X amount of one type of unit I cant help but wonder what they are doing to them to have that many.

Same here, I have had several and have had no issues with them. I just got them to get them and then sold or gave them away, and kept a few for my self. They will not bill you for replacments if they don't come back, at least that's what I have found with Verizon.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Got mine in March no problems at all, I like it so much I kept it as a second phone.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I seriously am thinking that maybe the Sprint version is not as well built...No experince with that phone but it seems like everyone with Sprint's version seems to have problems (except for a few). But most people with Verizon version has no problems, like my self.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgjunkie View Post
You just haven't been around the 6800 enough. I had 1 67 for almost 2 years. Now I've had 6 Moguls in 10 months. Once the unit has over heated and the user turns it in for a replacement, the unit is "fixed" for what ever problem was described, and shipped back out. The new recipient now just has to sit back and wait for the other problems that are bound to follow. Its like if you put bread in the oven, you can't 'unburn' it after its been in there too long.

Its all down hill after your first Mogul refurb.

Can you please explain how to overheat the device because I use my very heavily throughout my day and never an issue. Granted when I am on WiFi and voice it gets warm but so did the 67s and my 67 was OC'ed to 624 which is something that has yet to be accomplished on the 68. Im good for 2k-3k text a month so divide that up but the standard number of days in a month and you will see what I mean. I usually hit around 1300-1800 mins a month. Im not trying to complete with anyone and so I get more than them but I am saying I do use my phone a lot and it doesnt just sit there and look pretty. I has 3 or 4 67s and never an issue. But granted I read on the forums everyday where someone else swears they did. But being realistic about it, if the manf makes 1mil devices and only 10k has issues, thats likely a decent trade off ratio-wise.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Can you please explain how to overheat the device because I use my very heavily throughout my day and never an issue. Granted when I am on WiFi and voice it gets warm but so did the 67s and my 67 was OC'ed to 624 which is something that has yet to be accomplished on the 68. Im good for 2k-3k text a month so divide that up but the standard number of days in a month and you will see what I mean. I usually hit around 1300-1800 mins a month. Im not trying to complete with anyone and so I get more than them but I am saying I do use my phone a lot and it doesnt just sit there and look pretty. I has 3 or 4 67s and never an issue. But granted I read on the forums everyday where someone else swears they did. But being realistic about it, if the manf makes 1mil devices and only 10k has issues, that's likely a decent trade off ratio-wise.
Wifi is the easiest way to get the device warm. Turn it on and after 20 or 30 minutes it'll be warm to the touch, and hour or so of use and it starts to become hard to hold its so warm.

If you've never had a refurb, you must likely haven't had problems. As I tried to point on previously, the problems seem to snow ball. Once the unit has problems, it seems more inclined to have them in the future.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Can you please explain how to overheat the device because I use my very heavily throughout my day and never an issue.
From my personal experience with the 6800, wmwifirouter gets my device nuclear hot after about 30-45 minutes of use.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Wow, actually my 6800 gets quite a bit hotter than 6700. I used to leave my 6700 on all night pluged in with WiFi running to push e-mail. Now my 6800 is getting mega hot. I'm not liking it...
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (alltel), Telus Touch pro 2
Carrier: Tbaytel mobility

jarmenti is a n00b

I've had my mogul for near a year now, and have mistreated it in every way (dropping while riding bike) , carrying it bare in pocket w/ change and whatever else, you name it. and to date the only problem i've had is having to press a tad bit harder on the period 0 key. phone is also not a refurb. surprises me to hear that so many people have problems w/ usb ports breaking and whatnot. i did have the usb connectivity problem but a bit of isopropyl and small cloth cleaned the lint/grime off of the pins in the usb connector (i carry it in my pocket with no case), maybe the refurb units are defective?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan