PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Half Decaf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IT guy at work is incompetent; can I get exchange to work by myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
I tried emoze briefly, but it doesn't appear that it's pushing emails in in real time. Anyone else having this problem possibly?
It seems to push the emails very quickly. I tried sending myself emails from various accounts and servers and usually the emails arrived within a minute, occasionally a few seconds, and a few times the email arrived before my work account announced receipt of the message.

I played around with the settings|rules for messages. I set the rule to enable deletion of messages off of both my ppc and my work PC. I hen deleted a message off of my xv6800 to see how long it took to register on my work PC. The first time, the message was deleted on my PC in 30 seconds. The second time, it took 85 seconds. Not too bad. As I recall, the Verizon sync software was a little bit faster, but not much.

I have had an occasional problem with Emoze. I have had a few "connection failures" wherein Emoze asks if I want to connect manually. However, I usually elect to reboot, and everything seems fine right after that.

Another issue is that when running Emoze, my ppc doesn't appear to sync properly with my laptop. The ppc *connects* fine, but it won't sync the data. However, when I disable Emoze, laptop syncing works fine, and data is shared properly. I admit that this may be due to a configuration setting that I have yet to figure out.

I expect that because Emoze is always active, my ppc's battery will have a lesser runtime. I've been carrying a small portable USB battery as a contingency.

Last edited by Half Decaf; 04-09-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

zagleft1 is a n00b

Quote:
I tried emoze briefly, but it doesn't appear that it's pushing emails in in real time. Anyone else having this problem possibly?
Not at all. When I'm sitting at my desk at work, my emoze hits a couple of seconds before my regular work outlook registers the email.=D>
Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: IT guy at work is incompetent; can I get exchange to work by myself?

Quote:
did you try what THESIAN Suggested getting the certificate from this site??
http://www.geotrust.com/resources/ro...ates/index.asp
he said he used certificate #5 and worked for him...give it a try.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hsiaoer is a n00b

If you do have OWA for your account, you can sync through that without worrying about any certs. Set up your server source as owa.domain.com. Unclick the secure connection, enter your username and password, enter your company domain. This has worked for me several times on different devices.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
did you try what THESIAN Suggested getting the certificate from this site??
http://www.geotrust.com/resources/ro...ates/index.asp
he said he used certificate #5 and worked for him...give it a try.
Does anybody have a suggestion on which certificate importer program to use?

I have a xv6800 with a modded Sprint ROM. I tried downloading the verizon-signed program from Microsoft: Vzw_spAddcert.exe and put that on my phone. When I click it, it just beeps and does nothing.

So, I downloaded the Sprint-signed program from Microsoft: SPCS_signed_spAddcert.exe and put that on my phone, too. That also just beeps at me.
I put the certificate I am trying to import in my Storage root directory. I also tried putting it in my root directory on my phone. This doesn't seem to change anything.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Last edited by Half Decaf; 04-10-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Question Re: IT guy at work is incompetent; can I get exchange to work by myself?

I finally got my work email working by using webmail.<company name>.com. I was able to sync my work calendar too, however it also synced my personal Gmail/PPC calendar to my work calendar, which I definitely don't want.

Is there a way to only sync one way, so I can get my work emails and calendar on my phone, but not combine the two emails and calendars on my home and work PCs?

Bottom line, I want to sync my personal and work emails and calendars on my phone, but don't want them combined on my home and work computers.

I "think" my emails will stay separate, since they are two separate accounts on my phone - Gmail and Outlook. Please help, as I'm afraid to put my phone back in the cradle to sync to my PC until I figure this out.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone have any ideas re: my question above? Ideally, I'd like to see my work appointments on my PPC, but not have my home calendar data loaded to the Exchange Server for all the corporate world to see.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kri kri is a n00b

I can't get any of these methods to work - is there a way to disable cert checking on my exchange server?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kri kri, I am in the same boat as you - if I could disable cert checking, I would have plenty of options, but I am foiled by the internally generated certificate.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: nunha
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

manoosie is just getting started

Well, I took everyone's advice and practically did everything in this thread. I downloaded the certificate from OWA and installed it on my phone. Went through active sync and put in the info. The sync started and... got support code error 85010014, which a google search tells me is the kiss of death (similar to a BSOD, could be a million things). I tried a few third party applications, all of which crapped out on me and didn't work. I hard reseted and tried it again, only to get the error again. It seems a lot of people fix the error by reinstalling outlook, but this is not an option for me and I get the same error when I use activesync at home.

I am going to give up unless someone has any other ideas... I really appreciate the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan