View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Half Decaf
PPCGeeks Regular

Half Decaf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IT guy at work is incompetent; can I get exchange to work by myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
I tried emoze briefly, but it doesn't appear that it's pushing emails in in real time. Anyone else having this problem possibly?
It seems to push the emails very quickly. I tried sending myself emails from various accounts and servers and usually the emails arrived within a minute, occasionally a few seconds, and a few times the email arrived before my work account announced receipt of the message.

I played around with the settings|rules for messages. I set the rule to enable deletion of messages off of both my ppc and my work PC. I hen deleted a message off of my xv6800 to see how long it took to register on my work PC. The first time, the message was deleted on my PC in 30 seconds. The second time, it took 85 seconds. Not too bad. As I recall, the Verizon sync software was a little bit faster, but not much.

I have had an occasional problem with Emoze. I have had a few "connection failures" wherein Emoze asks if I want to connect manually. However, I usually elect to reboot, and everything seems fine right after that.

Another issue is that when running Emoze, my ppc doesn't appear to sync properly with my laptop. The ppc *connects* fine, but it won't sync the data. However, when I disable Emoze, laptop syncing works fine, and data is shared properly. I admit that this may be due to a configuration setting that I have yet to figure out.

I expect that because Emoze is always active, my ppc's battery will have a lesser runtime. I've been carrying a small portable USB battery as a contingency.

Last edited by Half Decaf; 04-09-2008 at 12:51 AM.