PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

Memphis_boi07 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble with Wifi on PPC Mogul 6800

I am having trouble with my Wifi on my PPC.
It seemed like when i first got it that i would try to connect to everything. But for some reason it wont connect to anything no more..
I have about 5 laptops that connect to my access point and i also have a IPOD Touch that uses wifi as well.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX MY WIFI?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Trouble with Wifi on PPC Mogul 6800

my mogul did that also. i was bummed to find out my wifi toggle switch was broke. is your wifi icon showing up at all?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Threadstarter

Memphis_boi07 is a n00b

yeah!
It will randomly connect to some access points but most of the time when i need it.. it doesnt want to work
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 AM
N00b

NewYorkChic is a n00b

I am having the same issue....when I first got the phone i had no problem with connecting...now the icon don't pop up when it is turned on...the only thing that access in wifi in my home is the ps3 and xbox
Old 03-30-2008, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

what roms are you guys using?

i have been seeing the same stuff.

i am using dcd 3.0.1 rom (from kitchen) and have noticed the wifi come on by itself for a while now. infact, almost every time after softreset.

yesterday i noticed i could not turn on wifi. the toggle didn't work and the comm app wouldn't let me do it either. weird. a softreset fixed it, but i had lots of program memory before the reset. this is new for me.

i think it all starts with the 3.35 radio. it seems that custom ROMs and stock ROMs have wifi issues now. not everyone though.

Hmmmmm.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

im using the 3.35 sprint issued rom. with me though, im pretty sure its the toggle switch, not the rom. but then again, after reading what you guys are saying, im not so sure now. wifi is a big reason why i bought this phone. sux not to be able to use it.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Guys, I'm pretty sure it is not DCD's ROM. I have had this problem even when I was on my stock 2.08 ROM. I tried flashing to several different ROMs but my wifi is still not funtioning. I called sprint but they couldn't tell me anything. Yes this issue is driving me crazy as well. I'm just waiting on someone to make that "breaking" discovery and release us from this technological choke-hold.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

when my wifi switch broke i took it into the store. they tried to give me the run around saying that there was no way to check the wifi in the store, so i told them they would just have to take my word for it that it was not working. soon he manager agreed and just gave me another one
Old 03-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

when i took mine to the sprint store, and tried to explain to them my wifi woes, they told me it must be a software issue. i really dont know what to believe, but im hoping one you smarter people can figure this issue out.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I saw a little bit of that when I installed Navizon but it's subsided for the time being. That program likes to control your wifi if you let it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan