PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trouble with Wifi on PPC Mogul 6800

I have a thought/question regarding the wifi issue. Personally, i dont like the wifi toggle switch. I think flipping it on and off causes it to eventually break. At least thats what i think happened to my previous mogul. Now my question, and i apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere already. Is there a way that if i leave my wifi switch on the "on position", i can then turn off wifi through the on screen menu/system? That way, the switch is left alone, but you/we can still turn it on and off. I hope i worded that right so it makes sense. Kinda like having a wifi toggle swich on the screen with an icon or something. Thanks, dschoenike
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I have a thought/question regarding the wifi issue. Personally, i dont like the wifi toggle switch. I think flipping it on and off causes it to eventually break. At least thats what i think happened to my previous mogul. Now my question, and i apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere already. Is there a way that if i leave my wifi switch on the "on position", i can then turn off wifi through the on screen menu/system? That way, the switch is left alone, but you/we can still turn it on and off. I hope i worded that right so it makes sense. Kinda like having a wifi toggle swich on the screen with an icon or something. Thanks, dschoenike

Yes you can have that option.
I have the No2Chem 5060 kithen loaded on my unit, with the 10 button comm option and if i leave my wifi switch on, i can use the WLAN icon to toggle on and off the wifi feature.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the reply. Either im doing something wrong, or my 10 button comm manager isnt working properly. I have a solid wifi connection right now, but when i go to the comm manager, clicking the wlan icon doesnt do a thing. it actually shows that wifi is off. Bbut yet like i said, i do have a wifi connection going. Any suggestions? Im using the official 3.35 sprint rom with a downloaded comm manager someone posted here on ppcgeeks. I think it came from a kiaser.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

Sounds like its just a compatibility issue with the official ROM and the downloaded comm manager. The 10 button comm manager i am using is from luv2chill , but i am also using the 5060 kitchen from No2Chem. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post
Sounds like its just a compatibility issue with the official ROM and the downloaded comm manager. The 10 button comm manager i am using is from luv2chill , but i am also using the 5060 kitchen from No2Chem. Hope this helps.
Thank you much for the help. When you said "compatibility issue" that got me thinkin' that must have missed something. Sure enough, i needed to change the device name within the wlan registry settings. All is well for me now. thanks again.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

hey bigwrigg, and anyone else who may have an answer, one more ? for ya, and it may be a dumb one so i apologize in advance. Considering wifi is a big drain on the battery, does having the wifi switch turned on, but yet turned off through the comm manager, still pull extra on the battery? I just wonder if the wifi antenna is still searching but not actively showing it. Sorry if thats the worst question ever. wish i was smarter thanks, dschoenike
Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Thank you much for the help. When you said "compatibility issue" that got me thinkin' that must have missed something. Sure enough, i needed to change the device name within the wlan registry settings. All is well for me now. thanks again.
can you tell me what you changed? i am having the same issue. I found the registry key, but wasn't sure what to change the device to. I have a mogul 6800 (model: TITA100). I went back to the sprint factory rom for now.

i appreciate any help!

Last edited by TheShade001; 06-05-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

okay i am an idiot. I was looking at the wrong wlan registry entry. duh. I changed the adapter to mine and voila! it works. I am glad i stumbled on this thread. That was pretty irritating.

thanks!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

David737 is a n00b

Okay I am a super idiot. I have the same Mogul Wi-Fi problem and I am not able to find the registry entry I need to change. Can some helpful person give detailed pointing instructions to the correct registry entry and the specific change appropriate? I need a “Wi-Fi on the Mogul for Dummies” section.
Thanks!!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i am no expert, but i would be glad to tell you what i did. It may differ depending on what rom you are using. I recently flashed back to the official sprint rom.

The first thing i had a hard time with was knowing what my "adapterName" was. I had to change the "DeviceName" of comm manager to the value of my "adapterName." I am just learning how to manhandle my phone so there is probably a quicker/easier way to find out what your AdapterName is. In order to see what my adapterName was, i used a registry editor(i use memaid, but there are free ones out there) and browsed to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Drivers > WLAN

Select the WLAN folder and look at the entries. You should see an entry that says "AdapterName." Write this value down. This is what you will change the comm manager entry to. Using the official sprint rom, my AdapterName was TNETW12511. So i wrote this value down. No changes have been made to the registry yet.

Now you can browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > HTC > CommManager > WLAN

There should be entry called "DeviceName." For me, there was a long string of text that looked like this:

{xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx}\adapterName

Where it says "adapterName" above is not what you will see. You will actually see an adapterName value. I couldn't remember what the original value was so i used "adapterName" in the example above. All you need to change is the value at the end. I did not delete or change the long string of numbers. I just changed it liked this:

{xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx}\TNETW12511

That was it. It worked great after that. It is an extremely handy feature. Now that it is working, for me, i use it constantly.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan