PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6800 Garmin GPS.......

I just installed garmin XT & the first time I tried to run it, this popped up after the opening garmin splash screen & the program exited

WTF does this mean????

~John
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

never nind, I got it working from my 16 gig sandisk card.

I had to DL the newest version, that worked.

~John
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

skanknpunx is a n00b

I have not been able to find an aswer to this question: Is it possbile to use the Moguls internal GPS reciever and Garmin Que GPS software?

I have a legal version of Garmin que 2.9 software on my Mogul. However, it wants to use the Bluetooth (gps 10) receiver for its connection. i would like it to connect to the internal GPS though. I have been able to get TomTom software on the Mogul to connect to the internal GPS. But not my Garmin Software. I have seen Directions for using MobileXT and the internal GPS. But I do not like that GPS interface nor TomToms.

So, if anyone knows of a way to get the Garmin Que software to use the Moguls internal GPS...please..please..please post an how to. I hate having to use the bluethooth GPS or Mobile xt or Tomtom.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

iiimik3 is just getting started

I'm currently running the latest version of XT and it's working great. One thing i've always wondered though about XT, is it possible to adjust the frequency or time intervals at which the map refreshes?

Sometimes i feel like the map refreshes a little slowly. Or is it that the mogul/6800's specs are a little lacking for the app?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think thats just the 6800's thing. one thing i have realized is with the new 5.XX update i dont need to prime the GPS first. all i do is turn the phone on and open XT and within a min or so its tracking sats like a champ. usually 4 or 5(full strength) light up. so that frees up a little space on the 6800 and a little extra ram.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prol
Carrier: Sprint

showmrock is just getting started

OK....so the Mogul 6800 is freezing on start up and only works occasionally. Does anyone know how to fix this? Others out there are experiencing this same issue with the 5.0 update....so please post!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
OK....so the Mogul 6800 is freezing on start up and only works occasionally. Does anyone know how to fix this? Others out there are experiencing this same issue with the 5.0 update....so please post!!!
you gotta change your GPS driver from COM 4 to intermediate

Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
N00b

intermediate isn't event an option.....where is that on the mogul?????
Old 12-13-2008, 09:58 PM
N00b

ok....found out why it was freezing....backlight issue....apparently it freezes if the backlight goes off......wasn't there a fix for this a while ago that didn't involve keeping the backlight on and wasting battery?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
intermediate isn't event an option.....where is that on the mogul?????
the settings are in Garmin on the the home screen click on the reception bars on the top left corner than click disable than choose the intermediate GPS option than click enable I don't know about the backlight being the cause of freezing for me this was the problem on my vogue and we have the same drivers
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan