PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: a question to my fellow geeks and tweakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i've had mixed results using vjtoggletodayiialpha. the only issue is that if you change your screen orientation, it will 'close' the program and bring back your start and taskbars... this does only affect the today screen though. i would post it but i dont have it on my work computer.
Are you saying there is a version of Vijay's TodayToggle that only affects the today screen? As in, the start bar is not there on the Today screen, but appears while running a program (similar to dcinobar's behavior)? The version I tried (thought it was the alphaII version for WM5+) would hide the start bar, but it did it everywhere, all the time. Made programs look kinda funny, and wrecked the ability to use task managers to actually close programs. I heard that he was working on new versions, but that was a long time ago and I haven't seen any update in a long time.

Will you post the version you're using if you get a chance? I could deal with it closing when screen orientation changes.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Usually, once I get my phone just how I want it...it craps out on me and I get a different phone. It happened with my 6700, I got a 6800 and now have it set up just how I want it. I am being very, very careful so I don't screw up this phone.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 03-28-2008, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

Man, I don't get you guys :P

Upon setting up my phone the way I wanted it I danced a jig of joy! Tweaking, while initially fun, is a huge time sink and couple that with crashes or other problems and it's hellish....stability was my end goal and now that I've reached it I'm as happy as a clam.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i look at this issue pretty much like the 'uncanny valley' in computer animation and simulators... the closer technology brings you to automating and easilly setting up your phone, the less satisfied we ultimately are with finding that 'perfect' setup. Every time i get wm5 nailed down, wm6 comes out, then 6.1, then dcd, or no2chem keep improving and refining the process....

long story short, i just accept that i'l always be tweaking and fixing and upgrading and flashing... i dont even 'want' to find the perfect setup now lol.

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan