PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Discussion of SprintTV on Mogul - NO LONGER WORKING ON MOGUL - 02/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSarella View Post
a

because they can
there is a simple reason according to latisha brown at sprint executive customer service. Yes the mogul can run mobitv however the mogul has only 64mb system ram (please dont confuse system ram with the 256mb of storage ram). Since it has only 64mb ram they are conserned that the mogul will have performance issues. Notice how the htc touch has 128mb system ram and it has sprint tv. ALSO sprint markets the mogul toward business people. now if i buy this business device i know as a business person i do not want my resources or employess to be watching tv while they are on company time. So it is perfectly understandable why sprint is blocking sprint tv. Business people for the most part do not need to be watching Jerry Springer on company time (unless it has hookers who got pregnaunt by their dogs!)

Last edited by dzuchowski; 04-15-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Re: Official Discussion of SprintTV on Mogul - NO LONGER WORKING ON MOGUL - 02/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
there is a simple reason according to latisha brown at sprint executive customer service. Yes the mogul can run mobitv however the mogul has only 64mb system ram (please dont confuse system ram with the 256mb of storage ram). Since it has only 64mb ram they are conserned that the mogul will have performance issues. Notice how the htc touch has 128mb system ram and it has sprint tv. ALSO sprint markets the mogul toward business people. now if i buy this business device i know as a business person i do not want my resources or employess to be watching tv while they are on company time. So it is perfectly understandable why sprint is blocking sprint tv. Business people for the most part do not need to be watching Jerry Springer on company time (unless it has hookers who got pregnaunt by their dogs!)
That's the most ridiculous BS excuse I've heard in my life.

As if sprintTv is the magical formula which changes an otherwise productive employee into a worthless piece of lazy trash.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
Sorry but that's a completely invalid excuse. The Moto Q9c only has 24MB of RAM available (about the same as the Mogul) and ships with Sprint TV. I know it's running WM standard, but there's not a huge difference in RAM demands for programs run on either standard or Pro.

The Moto Q9C is probably sold to more corporate types than even the Mogul, so the part about employees watching TV is also bunk. I think the (c) in Q9c is for "Corporate".

Last edited by nosmohtac; 04-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bbinkley is just getting started

Ok, here is the Official Sprint reason for SprintTV not working on the Mogul. This is quoted from an Email I received from Sprint:

"As far as Sprint TV on the Mogul, we have not blocked the feature. The Mogul (and a few other Sprint phones) has the Microsoft Windows 6 program built into the phone. This program is not compatible with the Sprint TV feature. It simply does not work. Unfortunately there is not an estimated time if this feature will be able to work with the Mogul.
The best advice I can give is to keep up with the latest downloads and upgrades available for the Mogul. A great way to do this is to visit http://softwarestore.sprint.com/."

Sounds like the company BS being dished out to us to keep the bandwidth usage down, but that is just my opinion.

Plan:
550 Shared Family Plan
$30 Unimited Vision Plan
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Sprint TV (Working!!)=D>
Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

prophetizer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinkley View Post
Ok, here is the Official Sprint reason for SprintTV not working on the Mogul. This is quoted from an Email I received from Sprint:

"As far as Sprint TV on the Mogul, we have not blocked the feature. The Mogul (and a few other Sprint phones) has the Microsoft Windows 6 program built into the phone. This program is not compatible with the Sprint TV feature. It simply does not work. Unfortunately there is not an estimated time if this feature will be able to work with the Mogul.
The best advice I can give is to keep up with the latest downloads and upgrades available for the Mogul. A great way to do this is to visit http://softwarestore.sprint.com/."

Sounds like the company BS being dished out to us to keep the bandwidth usage down, but that is just my opinion.
well, that is a complete lie, the touch uses wm6, so uh, foot in mouth
Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ghettokamel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetizer View Post
well, that is a complete lie, the touch uses wm6, so uh, foot in mouth
Old 04-19-2008, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlem View Post
"Thank you for being a Sprint customer. I checked with our product team and Sprint TV will be available on the Mogul after an upcoming maintenance release that is currently scheduled for June."
Yeah, I'd like to see this happen. They say June, can expect January. Maybe when they decide to officially upgrade to WM6.1
Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinkley View Post

I love how they refer to the OS of the phone a "program" but at anyrate that is just 100% BS we as the Touch has WM 6 and runs Sprint TV, also we all know that Sprint TV works just fine on the Mogul, it's just a matter of them actually releasing it.

Someone over on XDA was saying it's because the Mogul has wifi and that's why they won't release it.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

An interesting piece of information that everyone might like to hear about... I installed the Sprint TV 1005 cab onto my Mogul just a few minutes ago, and if you remember, the second option from the main menu was "More Channels." I loaded it today, and it said it for a split second, then changed to "Premium Channels." And it pretty much stayed. I guess this means it's actually downloading information from the server side, because it updated that main menu. Then it allowed me to go into it, but no channels were listed, then it just closed out.

Just FYI, for what it's worth. I know it doesn't work, I can't say it enough. But I don't mind trying every time I flash the ROM.

By the way, I just flashed DCD 3.0.4.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

just had everyone i know to email him even if there not a sprint customer..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan