View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
nosmohtac
Regular 'Geeker

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Discussion of SprintTV on Mogul - NO LONGER WORKING ON MOGUL - 02/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
there is a simple reason according to latisha brown at sprint executive customer service. Yes the mogul can run mobitv however the mogul has only 64mb system ram (please dont confuse system ram with the 256mb of storage ram). Since it has only 64mb ram they are conserned that the mogul will have performance issues. Notice how the htc touch has 128mb system ram and it has sprint tv. ALSO sprint markets the mogul toward business people. now if i buy this business device i know as a business person i do not want my resources or employess to be watching tv while they are on company time. So it is perfectly understandable why sprint is blocking sprint tv. Business people for the most part do not need to be watching Jerry Springer on company time (unless it has hookers who got pregnaunt by their dogs!)
Sorry but that's a completely invalid excuse. The Moto Q9c only has 24MB of RAM available (about the same as the Mogul) and ships with Sprint TV. I know it's running WM standard, but there's not a huge difference in RAM demands for programs run on either standard or Pro.

The Moto Q9C is probably sold to more corporate types than even the Mogul, so the part about employees watching TV is also bunk. I think the (c) in Q9c is for "Corporate".

Last edited by nosmohtac; 04-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.