PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

mattman_916 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Me too!

This must be an HTC issue. I have one as well on my Mogul. I don't think it has anything to do with the software. Keep in mind, this is a mini computer, so it is not going to be perfect. I see it while I am typing this. I am not going to bug Sprint unless the whole screen goes out.

Last edited by mattman_916; 01-16-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 AM
N00b

zelet is a n00b
I had three spots on my first Mogul and now after only a couple of weeks one showed up on my second Mogul. Same location... lower left.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I got three of them too.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cincij is a n00b
Same here. Lower left corder, about 5mm round.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have had 3 phones replaced because of these spots. My current Mogul doesnt have them yet but if I was you guys I would make sprint swap out your phone for one that doesnt have them.

The first time I tried to get my phone swapped out they told me it didnt affect functionality and that there was nothing they could do. After I explained that it does affect functionality and that it was unacceptable for such an expensive phone to have ANY kind of problems so early into my ownership that they needed to replace it and they did after i spoke to the manager. I have had NO problems getting exchanges since then. I just go to ECare first.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started
how does it affect functionality? i'd say it's more cosmetic. just wondering what arguments you used. anyways i have single spot in bottom left.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bilybobjef is a n00b
Same thing for me, 3 spots in the lower left. I never knew this problem was so widespread, I wonder if we can get something done about it.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kevxross is becoming a great contributor
I've noticed the same thing with mine. It's hardly noticeable and I would never consider actually fighting for a replacement for something so trivial. If it gets worse I might, but jeez, how can something that you almost have to intentionally look for affect the functionality of the device to the point of going through the hassle of fighting for a replacement?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I told them that I purchased a $300 phone to be able to watch movies, Surf the web and play games on it as well as using it as a phone. I consider cosmetic to be the casing. If there was a discoloring of the case then maybe that would be cosmetic but white spots degraded the experience I was having with my phone. Does it keep it from working? No but to say its only cosmetic is innaccurate IMO. Its not really any different than if there was a bad pixel or stuck pixel really.

They guy that didnt want to do the exchange actually told me to break the screen and come back. Go figure. Sprint repair people are SO helpful if it cannot be fixed with a hard reset it cant be fixed. I would suggest complaining to ECare or phone tech support first. I will never go into a sprint store to diagnosis a problem again. Only to get my replacement phone that was sent by tech support or ecare.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxross View Post
I've noticed the same thing with mine. It's hardly noticeable and I would never consider actually fighting for a replacement for something so trivial. If it gets worse I might, but jeez, how can something that you almost have to intentionally look for affect the functionality of the device to the point of going through the hassle of fighting for a replacement?
To each their own. If i have anything for under a month and it does not completely work the way it is supposed to I am going to get it taken care of.

Once I know its there it really begins to bother me so I will always notice it. I have a light backround on my today screen so I would see it every time I looked at my phone.

I take excellent care of all of my electronics and I expect them to work perfectly for me for thier useful lives. I understand wear and tear and all that but this was less than a month when the first couple spots started to appear.

Crappy screens are not acceptable to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan