PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I called Sprint Wednesday afternoon, and he tried a few things. He reset my vision username & PW on his end, then forced my phone to reprovision (initiate IOTA). I never even soft reset, and so far I'm still running w/ no connectivity issues. It's still a little early to declare victory, but I'm optomistic.

I woke up today and didn't need to reboot (for the first time in a month).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn
Happens to me with my Mogul all the time in Chattanooga Tennessee. I called Sprint's tech support and reset the data connection. This seemed to do the trick for the past couple of days.

I always wonder if Sprint regulates usage even when you have the "unlimited" plan. The throughput drives me nuts sometimes when it goes up and down constantly.

Does anyone know if this will work with EVDO revA:

Watch slingplayer in the car
receive phone call
go back to watching the slingplayer once the phone call ends without interruption or disconnects
Old 01-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Lurker

drewpydawg is a n00b
I don't know if this has been mentioned. Here is an obvious solution that wasn't so obvious to the 5 people I talked to at sprint before my PPC6700 was replaced with a PPC6800 (and the first solution afterward):
Make sure that Sprint actually put you on a POWER Vision plan!
What you describe is VERY similar to my issues with both phones until this was discovered.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just to update again. Since my issue yesterday, it has been rock solid again the entire day. I still have not installed one thing on it. Im going to give it a few more days, and if all is well, I will start installing my fav 15 apps and see how long it takes to break lol!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ok, it has been a couple more days, and I have not had any more issues, and I have not installed anything. PIE has been working well, no issues at all.

I will tonight start installing all of my apps. Ill report back.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

dmaul3300 is just getting started
I called sprint tonight because of the problem i am having with my phone dropping internet connection after i get online with Pocket IE I can get to my home page and then click on one link and then every time it loses connection. i then see the message now calling 777 cellur line. it has to do this every time i click on a link. i talked to the tech and was told to take it to the sprint store. i will do that on friday. the sprint store was closed tonight when i called and have other things going on tomorrow night.

anyways, i decided to ask the rep about GPS (figured i had nothing to lose). he pointed me to this site http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/devices/sprint.html and told me to get gps to work, i would need an external bluetooth gps reciever. is this true?

One reason I got the mogul was it was supposed to support Rev A as well as GPS with an upgrade coming sometime in the next month or two. I still have a week before my 30 day trial period is up. If this is true that an external reciever is required, i feel cheated. From articles/posts on the forum i have read, it was my understanding that once the new rom is updated, it will work WITHOUT any extra hardware. the person who sold me the phone told me the same thing. .

The other reasons I bought the Mogul is the keyboard and all the GREAT information that is available. This forum is an AWESOME site with alot of GREAT information. I have spent hours reading various posts and have downloaded and tried many things but i know i have barely scratched the surface. I am impressed seeing screenshots and reading some of the things people have done with their mogul.

So
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
It has been a week, and my issues have been fixed. I'd recommend calling tech support and asking for a complete forced reprovisioning, including changing your vision username and PW.

I can't believe that this is the same phone! No need for 3X /day resets! Hooray.

dmaul: Do a search in the forum for GPS. There are a million threads explaining this, and we don't need to start the million & first on this thread. The short answer is: yes, you will currently need to purchase an external GPS reciever. The second short answer is: Unknown. To guess at what an unreleased update will contain would only serve to keep us both entertained.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I too have had my problems fixed. I did not ever call tech support about it. It was apparently a network issue.

I now can officially consider this thread as closed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan