View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:21 AM
dmaul3300
N00b

dmaul3300 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I called sprint tonight because of the problem i am having with my phone dropping internet connection after i get online with Pocket IE I can get to my home page and then click on one link and then every time it loses connection. i then see the message now calling 777 cellur line. it has to do this every time i click on a link. i talked to the tech and was told to take it to the sprint store. i will do that on friday. the sprint store was closed tonight when i called and have other things going on tomorrow night.

anyways, i decided to ask the rep about GPS (figured i had nothing to lose). he pointed me to this site http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/devices/sprint.html and told me to get gps to work, i would need an external bluetooth gps reciever. is this true?

One reason I got the mogul was it was supposed to support Rev A as well as GPS with an upgrade coming sometime in the next month or two. I still have a week before my 30 day trial period is up. If this is true that an external reciever is required, i feel cheated. From articles/posts on the forum i have read, it was my understanding that once the new rom is updated, it will work WITHOUT any extra hardware. the person who sold me the phone told me the same thing. .

The other reasons I bought the Mogul is the keyboard and all the GREAT information that is available. This forum is an AWESOME site with alot of GREAT information. I have spent hours reading various posts and have downloaded and tried many things but i know i have barely scratched the surface. I am impressed seeing screenshots and reading some of the things people have done with their mogul.

So