PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intermittent net connection down? *Mogul*

Hello, I was wondering if anyone but I experienced any intermittent issues connecting to the net on their Moguls? It seems like about once a day (or a couple times per week), I simply cannot access the internet. When I open PIE, it just times out loading my home page. I can soft reset, and that does not help. Inexplicably, I set it down and look later and all is well and the net is working. Is Sprint’s network that flaky, or have a bunked up my phone with all of the stuff I have installed? For the record, this has always happened since I’ve had the phone (1.5 months). Is there any trouble shooting I could do to help diagnose the issue? I am very familiar with computers, so advanced stuff is okay to try. I am running 2.17 ROM and I just hard reset about 2 weeks ago. TIA

Last edited by supdawg; 12-20-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Abyss is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Mine does this too.

You open pie (mine defaults to the Sprint's home page) and it will not load anything.

Sometimes a softrest fixes the problem but I have also noticed that if I just close pie and try again in a few minutes it works.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ok.. just a bump to this issue. I am absolutely perplexed. I have no idea why my connection doesnt seem to work sometimes? I first thought it was an application jacking up something, but I've hard reset and selectively installed apps, and I continue to have intermittent problems with the internet.

I am always in EVDO coverage areas, and have at least 2 bars of service. I will open up PIE, and it will say opening and nothing happens. I just tried the reg hack that adds the disconnect button to see if resetting the connection would help. It does not.

I will set down my phone, and come back in an hour- it is working. Then it works for 30 minutes, and then I go to load a page and bam-- stops working. Soft resets don't usually help. All while my wife's Centro can access the net just fine from the same location I am at.

At this point, I am about at my wits end, and I might be exchanging my phone for another one if I cannot pinpoint what is causing my issues.

I use SERO as my data plan, and as of right now, the only things I have installed are:

HTC Audio manager
HTC customermizer
Codyppc Threaded SMS
Sprite backup
HTC Home
1 calc lite
Total Commander
S2U2

Last edited by supdawg; 12-25-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

joes950 is a n00b
I had been checking this thread recently to see if someone had found a solution. I have been having the exact same problems. I am also a SERO user with a Mogul. It also seems like it's been occurring more often for me the past week. For me, I noticed the problem first show up a few days after I installed the latest Rom. I hadn't experienced it prior. I also haven't bothered to install many apps since I would (hopefully) be updating the rom again in January.I was guessing it was a side effect of the Rom and hoping that, if it wasn't fixed, it would disappear in January with the Rev. A Rom.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Just started this morning for me in chicago. No internet connection at all.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i'm not sure if i share the same issue as you guys exactly... i have no problems connecting thru ie, it's just that my phone will consistently load 85% of the page... then HANG/FREEZE for 30-45 seconds before loading the rest of the page!

During this time all buttons/apps become unresponsive and the only way out is to do a soft reset or simply wait for it to finish whatever is causing the hang. I've tried this across many different sites both simple and data intesive and they all seem to do this.

what can i do?
Old 12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
same here, I was beginning to think it was a WM5 thing.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started
I've had this happen.

I set my advanced config to disconnect me after 300 secs and most of the time I cannot reconnect without a soft reset once that drops me.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
well i think i may have a different problem then you guys now. I'm on day 2 of no internet. Says loading, loads 0kb then shows a blank page. Taking it in today i guess. hard reset did nothing to help.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
There are at least 2 threads discussing this exact thing in the touch forum. this happens to me all the time with my touch and I cant remember it ever happening with my mogul. One solution is to turn on flight mode and then immediately turn it off. This will cycle your data connection and you will be able to access the web immediately after. I am wondering if this is a recent problem with EVDO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan