PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Follow-up: I just called Sprint Customer No-Service (Business Solutions). After I entered my 10 digit phone number, I got a recorded greeting stating that they were unable to handle my call and that I should call back another time. Very nice!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
This is exactly why I am trying to figure this out for myself. I did do the hard reset. My first attempt to connect to the network did not go through. I did it within 10 minutes of the hard reset. I tried again a few minutes later, and it is working like a charm. I am not going to install anything for a week to see if I still have the issues.

I still think it is related to some software. Every time I hard reset, I don't have any problems untill I install various apps.

I love my apps, so it is difficult to not install anything. I will try my hardest to not.

Is there many people out there not have any issues with Sprint and the internet not going down?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

dprout69 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
This is exactly why I am trying to figure this out for myself. I did do the hard reset. My first attempt to connect to the network did not go through. I did it within 10 minutes of the hard reset. I tried again a few minutes later, and it is working like a charm. I am not going to install anything for a week to see if I still have the issues.

I still think it is related to some software. Every time I hard reset, I don't have any problems untill I install various apps.

I love my apps, so it is difficult to not install anything. I will try my hardest to not.

Is there many people out there not have any issues with Sprint and the internet not going down?
multiple people, multiple phone types, multiple areas of the country, multiple calling plans and all of this started in the last couple of weeks for most... only common factor is everyone is on sprint and by coincidence sprint is making tons of changes for rev a evdo and a new billing system... its not your personal phone.

That's *2 for customer service...
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just a quick update:

Since I hard reset, I have had 0 issues thus far. I will update later.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

soul88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to soul88 Send a message via MSN to soul88 Send a message via Yahoo to soul88
Running the 2.17 Rom and since then this is the ONLY time i have seen this issue.
Sometimes a soft reset works... most of the time is doesnt...
This has worked every time though:
go to settings ~ click on phone icon ~ services tab ~ scroll down till you see internet then click GET SETTINGS. this initiates the OTA for internet. a couple of times I had to do this more than once in five minutes but majority of the time it fixed MY issue not connecting to the internet.
Text, Email, and all other data connections worked fine...
getting online would "hang" on the home screen... hope this helps someone.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

dprout69 is just getting started
Please be advised.... at 3pm eastern yesterday the system went down for approximately an hour (completely down).... since it has come back up I have noticed no issues... as well january 3rd is when network upgrades were to have been completed.... if anyone is still having issues since then post them here...
Old 01-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Since my hard reset yesterday, I have been 100% up without any service disruptions. I've been checking about every hour and all is well.

I've had the phone for 2 months, and it came with 2.09 ROM. I have experienced the issue with both ROMs (.09 & .17) And it has always done it.

Every time I hard reset my issue goes away. Invariably, I start installing applications, and then at some point - BAM.. All hell breaks loose.

1 Day down - I will try to wait an entire week to see if I have any more issues before I install anything else on my phone.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Hey SupDawg,
DPRout appears right. I have re-enabled weather panel, and kept flexmail synced all day, otherwise done nothing to mine, and it has been acting great on my touch all day (Knock on wood) so I dont think your hard reset has helped, but all is good. (I hope)
Old 01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yeah.. I'll knock on wood for now

I just want to be certain before I start going crazy on the installs. Small world eh? I live right outside of Nashville.

Thanks for the updates.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Im back.. Just tried to connect.. Nada - gives me the page cannot be found error. PIE just sits there and says locating then the error pops up.

Damn.. This is really annoying..

Edit: I just tried cycling my connection, and it worked this time. When I click on a link in PIE - it connected agaon to SPRINT, and it went to that link

Last edited by supdawg; 01-04-2008 at 02:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan