PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 11:10 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am running weather panel, but I have turned off auto update and it still happens. I have also experienced this problem after a hard reset so I really dont think it is an app on our phones.

I have also attempted direct ip addresses and have not been able to connect, so on my end I dont think it is DNS servers. Also I mentioned earlier that FTP always works and it is a dyndns location not a numerical ip.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I am running weather panel, but I have turned off auto update and it still happens. I have also experienced this problem after a hard reset so I really dont think it is an app on our phones.

I have also attempted direct ip addresses and have not been able to connect, so on my end I dont think it is DNS servers. Also I mentioned earlier that FTP always works and it is a dyndns location not a numerical ip.
I've experienced the same issue within 6-12 hours of a hard reset, but after that it goes away.

I was having really good luck until I enabled/configured the HTC Home weather.. I have disabled it, but it doesn't help.

I may try to uninstall HTC home to see if that helps.

VW... I agree. It doesnt appear to be a DNS problem either.. May be a part of the symptoms, but it is not the only issue.

Edit: I uninstalled HTC Home - and did a subsequent soft reset. My PIE works again. Will report back after I figure out how long this time.

Last edited by supdawg; 01-01-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started
it happens on my touch all the time but killing my connectionc and allowing it to reconnect fixes my issue
Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post

Edit: I uninstalled HTC Home - and did a subsequent soft reset. My PIE works again. Will report back after I figure out how long this time.

Im interested to see how long PIE works. I had HTC Home Customizer installed, but removed it. For whatever reason my tabs and customizations are still there. I think I am going to have to reinstall it to attempt to get the HTC today nack to its defaults.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker

mugsymd is a n00b
I have had this problem - I had noticed that my email (SprintPCS email) was not functioning right either. After spending about 1 hour on the phone with "Advanced Technical" support - we had noticed that my SprintPCS email account was NOT "coded" correctly on the sprint side. The technician then got another technician to re-install/(or whatever they do on the sprint side) my email username and password - supposedly it was never set up correctly - although I have had sprint now for close to 7 years - anyway, now that my email and internet are "IN-SYNC" I have not had any issues with getting on the internet or getting my email, including my other "POP" accounts.
I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I think there was definitely a conflict between internet username/passwords on the Sprint side.....
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
Going back to a stock ROm works for me. I have no connectivity issues at all, but cannot "IOTA" with Colonels latest ROM. I get the error 1012 when I try IOTA.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69 View Post
Everyone is having problems but not one person here has said anything about contacting sprint to let them know there is something wrong... how are they going to to fix anything if you dont tell them???

This is affecting multiple users, in multiple cities, with multiple phones and multiple call plans...

it is nothing you are doing to your phones, hard reset is not going to fix it

Call sprint and point them to this current thread as well as this one

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...s-working.html

as well as this one

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14950

everytime I call them they tell me "well its news to me" cause no one is letting them know
I started a thread at BuzzaboutWireless so Sprint would be aware of this issue.
I have set up my own DNS connection via OpenDNS.
When it happens I switch to it and it works for a little while.
****IT DOES THE SAME THING ON THE OPEN DNS CONNECTION.
This make me think it's an EVDO Radio/Firmware problem.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
I started a thread at BuzzaboutWireless so Sprint would be aware of this issue.
I have set up my own DNS connection via OpenDNS.
When it happens I switch to it and it works for a little while.
****IT DOES THE SAME THING ON THE OPEN DNS CONNECTION.
This make me think it's an EVDO Radio/Firmware problem.
I vote for the radio/firmware problem.

I, too, never had any of these problems with the old ROM & old Radio. Ever since I upgraded, I get daily (sometime more) CANNOT CONNECT and INCORRECT VISION USERNAME/PW errors. Unlike many other reports, a soft reset has always fixed my connectivity problems.

I'm staring at my phone now at 2:16 PM, and my last connection was at 9:46 AM. The grey arrows remain (dormant connection), but I can't get PIE or Poutlook to get a connection.

Extremely frustrating.

In the next office, a peer has the a Mogul running the old ROM/Radio and has no problems. Go figure.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Well. I thought removing HTC Home would help, but I still experience issues. It worked for the first 5 hours great. But I have had issues since.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Im doing a hard reset, and I am not going to install anything for a few days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan