PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
From my experience, one big advantage of some of the radio roms, however, is better power management resulting in longer battery life.
Yeah, I get better battery with 1.47 too... because everytime I took out my phone, it was frozen and not operating!

1.47 had issues while roaming onto certain networks with data. When switching from native Sprint EVDO to Verizon 1x on the Bell Atlantic side of the network, my phone would consistantly freeze up. And the other 4 mogul users I've met from around here said the same thing.

Some of you live in areas where this doesn't occur, and that's great, but next time you're on vacation, don't be surprised if you Mogul suddenly doesn't work like it did at home!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
dishe:
So are you having problems with the new 1.47.01 radio rom as well (I assume this is packaged in with the new 2.17 updated from HTC)? Or have not tried it out yet?
Since you were affected last time, this is the perfect oppurtunity to see if the problems were resolved.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan

cbunting is a n00b
There is a lot of speculation in this thread. We all know the problems with the old rom, so why not keep this thread to your experiance with the new ROM. and if you load the new ROM, don't change/mod anything before you post your review.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
I've had a couple of minor issues with the new rom.

The first is that the bluetooth, while much clearer, is also much lower in volume that it had been, I even tried the audiopara switch which didn't help much at all.

I also made my first call with it (BT connected) and when i hung up, I lost all signal. Not sure if it is the radio.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm gonna flash it again and avoid the sprint customizations and see if that makes a difference in the volume.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800/HTC Titan/Mogul
Threadstarter

initial is just getting started
The battery life has been much better since the upgrade.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
has anyone have any issues with Voice Command 1.6 on their device? I loaded mine and I get a the dialer to listen and confirm who I want to dial, but when I say yes it cancels out and drops it. I get that every time. is there a fix to it?? have you guys come across this issue?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

riphamilton is just getting started
couple things (i didn't let the sprint customizations run).... the battery icon in title bar is part of the customizations i'm guessing because i don't have that. can anybody extract the battery .cab and post it so that we can have the battery icon - and post a list of all the .cabs that are executed? i'm guessing battery is the only thing worth having from the customizations.

second, (no surprise here), voice command 1.6 will NOT announce incoming text messages. MS needs to come out with a VC fix for winmo 6.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
has anyone have any issues with Voice Command 1.6 on their device? I loaded mine and I get a the dialer to listen and confirm who I want to dial, but when I say yes it cancels out and drops it. I get that every time. is there a fix to it?? have you guys come across this issue?
Look for a file called apachehaxvc.cab. it was for the 6700 and it does allow for the confirmations to work OK. Not like it was on the 6700, but close enough if you rely on it all the time.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
N00b

wood is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
disable confirmation...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan